Sponsored

Please tell me there's other soft top options

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I think the JL version is $3995.00 with free shipping. I have no idea how much the JT will be. If you want a soft top with no electronics I would look at bestop I'm looking at their sunrider which is affordable but it only replaces the freedom panels it's not whole open concept like the mytop
A lot of us want a full soft top but hate the OEM because of the man bun and drag chute thing. There's 1 alternative but it trades the man bun for the 80s bangs and (roll up to the front for some stupid reason) and that's not something I want either. I want 1 that goes behind the rear seats like a normal Wrangler top, can't be that difficult.
Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
A lot of us want a full soft top but hate the OEM because of the man bun and drag chute thing. There's 1 alternative but it trades the man bun for the 80s bangs and (roll up to the front for some stupid reason) and that's not something I want either. I want 1 that goes behind the rear seats like a normal Wrangler top, can't be that difficult.
Well said. I think it's awesome that some people like the OEM soft top, but a lot of us just want the option of something different - something that folds all the way down.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
So traded my Sport S for a Mojave yesterday. I LOVE the Mojave
20210601_182927.jpg

The 6spd is smooth. The ride is fantastic...
Now, about the soft top

You're f*****g kidding me, right? What drug addled brain did this thing come from??? Easily the most horrendous contraption I've ever seen. Unsightly, loud as hell when in the 'bad rug' position, and, apparently, the only game in town for soft tops.
Please point me to any other soft top options! Or someone save me with a hardtop (can't find a single one for sale). I have a like new softop, cash and desperation!
Stop me, I can't resist your sales pitch on your "like new" soft top šŸ˜

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Actually the jl top looks horrible as well put down. It's a lazy man's top who is either too old, lazy or has no motor skills to put a soft top down neatly like it should be. It's designed for the masses. It's high quality and looks great when it's up but looks like the short bus when down. It's built for the man who's never done an oil change in his life.

Come on suntop!

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
The soft top OEM is made by BesTop so they will not be making another knockoff. Mopar couldn't figure out how to do a soft top so they farmed it out, there is a reason why there is no other convertible trucks- and the former ones didn't have functional beds. Bestop is the biggest and Smitty, Rugged and the others usually knock off their tops within a few years. I expect to see knockoffs coming out in the next six months, but I don't expect the quality. I have both tops and i use the Soft top 9 months out of the year. It can be opened and doing 80- on the freeway and even though it looks like a man bun- I don't care, Vikings wear Man buns- Go to Sweden and Norway, 6'8 300lb guys with man buns.......
6'8 300lb guys can wear what ever they want :)

Sponsored

Niccolo

First Name
Niccolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Semi-retired
So traded my Sport S for a Mojave yesterday. I LOVE the Mojave
20210601_182927.jpg

The 6spd is smooth. The ride is fantastic...
Now, about the soft top

You're f*****g kidding me, right? What drug addled brain did this thing come from??? Easily the most horrendous contraption I've ever seen. Unsightly, loud as hell when in the 'bad rug' position, and, apparently, the only game in town for soft tops.
Please point me to any other soft top options! Or someone save me with a hardtop (can't find a single one for sale). I have a like new softop, cash and desperation!
Agree about the look of the soft top. I went with full length JTopp sunscreen and I carry a rolled up Bestop bimini topto throw over it if it rains. Not perfect as rain rolls down the inside of the doors but it does keep the rain off your head at least. The Bestop fits very nicely and does not flap in the wind. Hopefully someone will design something better at some point.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I feel like the Suntop rolls up pretty small on the front looks pretty clean compared to oem folded back, to each their own though

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I agree. A much better tradeoff compared to the diaper bag.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
I feel like the Suntop rolls up pretty small on the front looks pretty clean compared to oem folded back, to each their own though
I think itā€™s cool.

Not sure itā€™s my style, Iā€™d have to see one in person. But I love that itā€™s an option.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
I think itā€™s cool.

Not sure itā€™s my style, Iā€™d have to see one in person. But I love that itā€™s an option.
Well Iā€™m taking a gamble on it I ordered it, I like being able to go topless to topped in a few mins... we have so many pop up showers, but I like being topless, my thing was how the oem soft top stays up above window height in back, I wanted a different option, and a brand new price was better than Oem Brand new price

Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Well Iā€™m taking a gamble on it I ordered it, I like being able to go topless to topped in a few mins... we have so many pop up showers, but I like being topless, my thing was how the oem soft top stays up above window height in back, I wanted a different option, and a brand new price was better than Oem Brand new price

Awesome. I emailed them for a quote but haven't heard back yet. Maybe when you get yours you could give it a short review and talk about its functionality.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Awesome. I emailed them for a quote but haven't heard back yet. Maybe when you get yours you could give it a short review and talk about its functionality.
I plan on it, thereā€™s one other on this thread that ordered it as well... looking at early July on receiving it hopefully between the two of us we can help everyone out... the pourpose of this thread is looking for another soft top option which as of right now is this, hopefully thereā€™s more in the future, quite a community of gladiator owners

Sc7902

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Go with hard top and Bestop sunrider, best of both worlds. If you live in a colder climate you can pop the panels back on until the weather warms up.
Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options PXL_20201230_152926078

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Go with hard top and Bestop sunrider, best of both worlds. If you live in a colder climate you can pop the panels back on until the weather warms up.
Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options PXL_20201230_152926078
you sunrider guys are like a flipping cult... everytime this question comes up there's always comments about the sunrider. I guess that makes it a solid product.

I'm in the same camp as most here, I don't want the OEM softtop. I'm surprised no one hasn't figured out a way to mod the oem softtop to fold to the bed.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
the sunrider is like a modified man bun, just pushed to the front. More of comb overā€¦ I donā€™t really get the ā€œimprovementā€ in looks over the soft top?

and for the record, I donā€™t think either looks bad. Function prevails for me over looks anyways. The more easy it is to use, the more you will use it.

ACE2B9C9-EFEC-44C6-AF08-07B432E136E1.jpeg

781263A4-C010-4C68-A1A8-5BD341A8A4B3.jpeg
Sponsored