steven1955

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 V8 4Runner, 2016 Mustang Convertible
Hi folks,

We have an Alu-Cab cap that currently has a CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light) that I have yet to connect.... Because I prefer to avoid cutting into factory wiring harnesses when possible.

Jeep Gladiator Plug 'n Play wiring for tail lights? 1000004572

So, it would be nice to find a Plug 'n Play way to power the Alu-Cab supplied CHMSL.

But that's not what I asked, but still might be what I need short term.

I asked about a Plug 'n Play way to connect to the tail lights..... Because longer term I want to place LED tail lights, that function like the factory tail lights, left and right of the CHMSL and repurpose that spot for a rear view camera.

This way when I have bikes on our hitch mounted bike rack, sometimes under a cover, and the factory tail lights are partially blocked I'll still have easily visible rear lighting.

I know I could just use the trailer 4 pin connection, but I prefer to leave that available for trailers.

Barring a source of Plug 'n Play wiring adapters, is there any way to identify the OEM harness connectors so I could just buy the connectors and make my own adapters?
Sponsored

OP
OP
steven1955

steven1955

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 V8 4Runner, 2016 Mustang Convertible
Thanks FL Robert. Being new to Jeeps I didn't know about Oracle yet.

I looked at the adapter you referenced, and then looked at all of Oracle's JT offerings and found their part number 6113-504 for their "ORACLE LIGHTING 7 PIN TRAILER WIRING T-HARNESS ADAPTER PLUG".

Oracle's 6114-504 gives me a new 4 pin connector, for tail lights, stop lights, and both left and right turn signals, and extra wires for back up lights.

The only thing else I might want, which is missing, is power for a CHMSL. (In this case you can't really fake that with diodes.)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks FL Robert. Being new to Jeeps I didn't know about Oracle yet.

I looked at the adapter you referenced, and then looked at all of Oracle's JT offerings and found their part number 6113-504 for their "ORACLE LIGHTING 7 PIN TRAILER WIRING T-HARNESS ADAPTER PLUG".

Oracle's 6114-504 gives me a new 4 pin connector, for tail lights, stop lights, and both left and right turn signals, and extra wires for back up lights.

The only thing else I might want, which is missing, is power for a CHMSL. (In this case you can't really fake that with diodes.)
I used the Curt harness, primarily to power additional reverse lights. It will let you add lights that are easy to disconnect, and won't interfere with the function of the factory lights.

CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness , Black https://a.co/d/9Czxjdq

CURT 58540 Trailer-Side 5-Pin Flat Wiring Harness with 48-Inch Wires https://a.co/d/7J43Htg
Sponsored