Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
well actually getting close up picture of the ARB and looking at the Dometic plug - it does look like it would line up

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
from this video the port looks the same on the ARB.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking online at other posts people say proprietary - so while similiar I myself would be worried the threading/little hole wouldn't match up perfect.

OP
OP
mjgpol99

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Ok guys so with working rotating 12s ive finally got an answer I appreciate all the comments. I ordered the arb and actually picked it up in the store took my plug and it fit perfect. Was able to wire it up in the bed of the gladiator and set the dometic 75dz in the middle of the trifold cover and it will close. I wont be able to use a slide with the soft trifold but it will get all the fish we catch next week deep sea fishing home.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Yes it will. I just returned from Destin this afternoon. We had a great day on Thursday with a full limit of red snapper, two grouper and a ton of Bonita.
Was supposed to come home tomorrow but the tropical storm warning made me leave early. I talked to Dometic and they said the coolers are fine out in the elements. The picture is a screen shot of the radar as I was driving out of town towards TN. I’m the blue dot. I was pulling a 4000lb camper too but that’s a different thread.

Jeep Gladiator Portable fridge 258272AD-12DE-4EF6-98AB-069C35ABDEBB

Jeep Gladiator Portable fridge 4DFB8B02-7A23-4E70-8742-AB1A416510DD

OP
OP
mjgpol99

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Yes it will. I just returned from Destin this afternoon. Was supposed to come home tomorrow but the tropical storm warning made me leave early. I talked to Dometic and they said the coolers are fine out in the elements. The picture is a screen shot of the radar as I was driving out of town towards TN. I’m the blue dot. I was pulling a 4000lb camper too but that’s a different thread.

We are headed to destin then to pcb for jeep beach Thursday then onto Daytona if you came north up 65 you came about 5 miles from the house

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
We are headed to destin then to pcb for jeep beach Thursday then onto Daytona if you came north up 65 you came about 5 miles from the house
If I known I would have waved when we passed. I live in Brentwood, TN about 5 minutes off of 65 just south of Nashville.

OP
OP
mjgpol99

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
If I known I would have waved when we passed. I live in Brentwood, TN about 5 minutes off of 65 just south of Nashville.
when you cross the tenn river in decatur as a crow flies im a half mile away

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear the 2 plugs are the same.

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Why would the refrig not run long on a cigarette adapter. The adapter you posted is just a cigarette adapter (just with and adjustable cord).

I run mine for days via the cigarette adapter. The Dometic portable fridges were made to run that way - unless you don't have a portable one (looks like cooler). What fridge are you using?
No, it's not. I thought that adaptor was "just a cigarette adapter" too, I'll admit it. But I was VERY happy after purchasing it a few months ago to discover that's not at all what that product is.

The ARB adaptor looks like a cigarette lighter adaptor from the outside and with the cover on. But it is a two bladed receptacle design (picture the two blades on the plug of a lamp you plug in the wall in your living room -- it's similar to that but with slightly different dimensions to ensure people don't assume they're actually compatible). You plug the fridge into the outlet then screw the collar into the plug housing.

Cigarette lighter sockets will work just fine for the power. The problem is the connection. You've got your fridge plugged in, you're offroading and bouncing over rocks, and the plug can easily slip out of a lighter socket just enough so that there is no longer an electrical connection. With the ARB two-prong plug and screw-collar design, you get a firm connection that can't separate just because the road you're on is bumpier than usual. It's easy to unplug the fridge and remove it, but this way the connection remains firm.
Sponsored