Pretty Bad Oil Leak

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Happy New Year everyone. Just wanted to check in to see if anyone has had any issues with any oil leaks. I have 3k miles on my manual tranny Rubicon and just yesterday noticed a pretty big patch of oil on my garage floor. Watched it over the course of the day and crawled under the car last night. Looked like its coming from somewhere above the front of the drive shaft, falling down onto the drive shaft and then down on the floor. I checked my oil immediately and it was LOW!

Dropped it off to the dealer by me this morning and still waiting to hear back but was curious to see if anyone here had any similar issues.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Front drive shaft? Hard to say without pictures of course but it could be a rear main seal.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I did. Along with other issues. The front engine cover had a bad seal and needed to be replaced. Currently over 20 days ok the shop :-/

OP
OP
mbbq22

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So I brought my jeep in and was lucky that it got fixed and back to me same day. It seems it had a a valve cover gasket that was leaking. With 3k miles on it, they told me it was likely a manufacturing defect. I was pleased when I crawled back under and noticed that they had fully cleaned and even rerouted some of the wiring harnesses that had been leaked on.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So I brought my jeep in and was lucky that it got fixed and back to me same day. It seems it had a a valve cover gasket that was leaking. With 3k miles on it, they told me it was likely a manufacturing defect. I was pleased when I crawled back under and noticed that they had fully cleaned and even rerouted some of the wiring harnesses that had been leaked on.
You got a good dealership. Mine broke other things while trying to fix it.
Sponsored