Sponsored

protect side of bed?

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
How do you guys protect the sides of the bed ? I find the passenger side bed between the rear tire well and tail light to be very much at risk of hitting trees. it would be nice to have bed sliders or something that mount to rack mounts on the side so you can just slide past those trees without them getting wedged between fender and rear tail light. Anyone done anything ?
Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Other than a chainsaw or expensive armour like above, or avoiding tight trails with turns, not much.
Welcome to the stretched wheelbase world.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
the area that needs protecting for me is here. The bike rack can help but this was a bigger so it pushed the rack in. I think I have to talk to some fabricators. I had a few close calls, one minor ding and now one major one this year on the side. all of which btw probably due to me still adjusting to wheelbase as every time it happened I had not identified that as a potential issue.

1A3E8AEF-F95E-4599-B506-DBAEA6CBCD1B.jpeg

Sponsored

87chief

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ - 22 JT
Occupation
Caterpillar Parts Manager
^ ow. 🤕

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the area that needs protecting for me is here. The bike rack can help but this was a bigger so it pushed the rack in. I think I have to talk to some fabricators. I had a few close calls, one minor ding and now one major one this year on the side. all of which btw probably due to me still adjusting to wheelbase as every time it happened I had not identified that as a potential issue.

Jeep Gladiator protect side of bed? 1A3E8AEF-F95E-4599-B506-DBAEA6CBCD1B
I see based on your Sig, you are in MA. Dont' forget that anywhere you drill holes in the body is a potential place for rust.

Just curious, where were you when this happened? I'm in Metro West Boston area and NH regularly.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

Jeep Gladiator protect side of bed? 1A3E8AEF-F95E-4599-B506-DBAEA6CBCD1B
Ouch box damage…$$$

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I see based on your Sig, you are in MA. Dont' forget that anywhere you drill holes in the body is a potential place for rust.

Just curious, where were you when this happened? I'm in Metro West Boston area and NH regularly.
Open run in Winchendon with the NEA. would def not drill into body but rather mount to voodoo rack where there are already holes for carrying your hi lift. with the cross bars also there it should be fairly stable. It’s usually slow speed wedging.

KEG2021

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk willys, 2021 Jeep jt
Occupation
Welder
Invisiblemask.com has 3M film if that helps.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Ouch box damage…$$$
Will post once I have the quote. if they can pull it out should not be too bad but with this being aluminum who knows. If they have to replace or take off I may just leave it as everything is still functional and only repair if more damage or if I retire it as a trail rig lol

Reactions: Mac

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Will post once I have the quote. if they can pull it out should not be too bad but with this being aluminum who knows. If they have to replace or take off I may just leave it as everything is still functional and only repair if more damage or if I retire it as a trail rig lol
Yeah, can only imagine what a box costs in today’s world and how many years it would take to get one.🤔
Sponsored