Punk'N Coming Soon!

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Wouldn’t you like to know... actually you do so...

It lets me maneuver trailers very easily like for parking or more specifically getting through my side gate which is exactly trailer wide. Highly recommended if parking trailers is something you need to do.

Also let’s me add an additional d-ring although it was initially to carry the winch when I had it on the hitch basket, being able to move it front to back was important at that time.

The other useful reason is bumper dumper.

http://bumperdumper.com/

With the spare on the back it can in theory be awkward to use to the rear, you know more awkward that it already is. But I’ve got kids and they can be weird about doing natural things in nature so I accommodate.
Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I’ve seen two in the wild, a red on red rubicon on the southern state and a black on red sport on the sagtikos.

My apologies to everyone everywhere else, Long Island has two expressway and six parkways in addition to a slew of major county roads and this is not counting Brooklyn and Queens. And a lot of hard to pronounce native names. Directions can be a terse mix of hard words, brief route numbers and exit numbers and yet everyone know exactly where you mean.

So yeah despite telling the sales guy more than a number of times that I want a red truck and I’m willing to wait, he insisted on trying to sell me a white truck, with the afore mentioned cracked glass or a black truck with a lot of options I don’t want to buy. It was a trying visit to say the least.
I've known the Finance Manager, Paul, since we were little kids. Last I checked with them, they were at 1% under invoice with no dealer fees, so that helps a lot (this was not a friends/family discount, I didn't bump into Paul until after my price conversation). It's all about the sales rep you deal with. I walked in there with a copy of my build (from this forum), told them the deal I was able to get out of state, and said I was not willing to look at lot vehicles, and my rep (Kristina) didn't try anything funny.

and +1 on the apologies. Funny, every expressway/parkway has a #, yet as Long Islanders, we never use "495" or "27" to describe our roads. I said ronk, because for outsiders, saying Ronkonkoma is a chore

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I showed them my quote from Idaho and they turned pale, said they could never touch it, ever.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I showed them my quote from Idaho and they turned pale, said they could never touch it, ever.
Idaho, or Spence in Iowa? Idaho would be quite the road trip! I've figured it to be about 500 bucks per 1%, so if Spencer is at 5% under, and Smith Haven is 1%, that would be 2k in savings, minus travel costs, dealer fee ($75) and time costs. Still worth it to fly to him as of my last convo with Smith Haven. I wonder if we could team up and get our costs down there if we both order at the same time. If they got to 3% under, I'd just order there.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
and +1 on the apologies. Funny, every expressway/parkway has a #, yet as Long Islanders, we never use "495" or "27" to describe our roads. I said ronk, because for outsiders, saying Ronkonkoma is a chore
Right now google says the best way is to take the BQE to the Southern but you may need to hop to Sunrise to avoid an accident at DPA, either way it’s the Sag to the LIE then off at 58 then up to the bypass, but remember we need to end up in Hauppauge for dinner and then out to Cupsogue for beach camping...

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Right now google says the best way is to take the BQE to the Southern but you may need to hop to Sunrise to avoid an accident at DPA, either way it’s the Sag to the LIE then off at 58 then up to the bypass, but remember we need to end up in Hauppauge for dinner and then out to Cupsogue for beach camping...
But watch the connetquot merger cause there's always traffic in Islip, you could always take 111 south to Montauk.

And now we've hijacked Punk'n with a whole bunch of Indian names that no one can pronounce other than us.

and +1 on Cupsogue...love it there.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Wouldn’t you like to know... actually you do so...

It lets me maneuver trailers very easily like for parking or more specifically getting through my side gate which is exactly trailer wide. Highly recommended if parking trailers is something you need to do.

Also let’s me add an additional d-ring although it was initially to carry the winch when I had it on the hitch basket, being able to move it front to back was important at that time.

The other useful reason is bumper dumper.

http://bumperdumper.com/

With the spare on the back it can in theory be awkward to use to the rear, you know more awkward that it already is. But I’ve got kids and they can be weird about doing natural things in nature so I accommodate.
Those are all really really good reasons. I've been schooled lol