First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Looks like a great product. I’ll order from the good guy. Thanks for posting.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Ok, thread reads like a Lifetime movie my wife and her mom watch haha.... are these guys now buddies/partners? Looks like a nice rack. Are they both making them now? Did "Al" stop and join force with "bad guy"?

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, thread reads like a Lifetime movie my wife and her mom watch haha.... are these guys now buddies/partners? Looks like a nice rack. Are they both making them now? Did "Al" stop and join force with "bad guy"?
Hahahaha glad the thread was atleast engaging!

no idea. in al’s position he had to face down tens of thousands of dollars to try and fight the bad guy, with no guarantee of success. OR work some sort of royalty deal and avoid all the mess…

since the court systems are awful and widly favor the bad guy…a deal may have been his best option.

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Hahahaha glad the thread was atleast engaging!

no idea. in al’s position he had to face down tens of thousands of dollars to try and fight the bad guy, with no guarantee of success. OR work some sort of royalty deal and avoid all the mess…

since the court systems are awful and widly favor the bad guy…a deal may have been his best option.
See, now you are just tickling my Shark Tank show side that my wife and I love watching lol, this has been quite the thread. :LOL:

My wife and I clearly watch too much TV lol

But, back on topic, stand looks great! I'm not sure I'm a buyer at $400+, but if it turns out Al makes any money at the lower price, I'd be a buyer..... if not, screw the bad guy and I'll just keep using my homemade option.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Emailed em and got a quick reply, great service. Just ordered one, thanks for providing the link
Awesome!
You actually reminded me i wanted a second one for my wifes JLU. So i went ahead and order one aswell.

RalphS5

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Attorney
Just had a random call that I actually initially ignored thinking it was a robo call...turns out it was the owner of GoWithoutDoors, Al.

TLDR: The ones on "pre order" from EZ Trunk are actually Al's product that was bought by the owner of EZ Trunk. This owner, Brian Goldwitz, immediately sent Al's product to china for production despite not having ownership of the patent and is trying to strongarm Al out of his product and patent.

Al told me how much work and how many man-hours went into his design. The man spent just tons of time on R&D for the GoWithouDoors cart to make sure it was sturdy and reliable and a product that he could be proud of. once he reached his final design he spent the time and money (roughly $20k) to get a legitimate patent on his design in preparation for production and sale. Once he got his patent he began making them with the help of his family, thus creating a small business and hopefully a legacy for his kids.

Al made about 40 and took them to his first jeep show. They ALL sold in the first couple hours of the first day. Every Jeeper loved the product and loved that it was made in America by a fellow Jeeper. Al continued to sell out at shows as he made as many as he could before each event. At one show he sold two to one customer, which was unusual. A couple of weeks later, at another show, a customer told Al that HIS product was being featured for preorders by another vendor. Al spoke with the other vendor and realized he was the fella who bought two door racks at a previous event. Al let this guy know that it was his product and that he held the patent. The owner of EzTrunk told Al he doesn't care and he also has a patent pending. Al Explained that it would get denied since he already holds the patent. The owner of EZ Trunk, in as many words, said that it didn't matter and he would tie Al up in court longer than he could afford.

Al spoke with his patent lawyer who let Al know that it would cost no less than $200k to fight the owner of EZ Trunk, despite Al owning the patent! WTF is that about....Al was furious and said what the hell is the point of a patent if any rich businessman can just bully you out of your property and product. Al has reached out to the businessman and offered a deal where the owner of EZ Trunk can sell Al's product under a different brand name, but pay Al a yearly allotment and royalties. It's unlikely that the businessman will give in to the offer, let alone even respond.

Al told me that he is retired and just doesn't think he can afford to "dance with the devil" and fight this guy in court.

To me, this is simply disgusting. Predatory business practices that stomp on the little guy, and force them into a system designed to be cost prohibitive for the small businessman. Simply friggan wrong.

As far as I'm concerned that site, EZ Trunk, is dead to me. And it should be dead to the entire Jeep community since the owner is a POS who legitimately steals other people's products.

If Al decides to fight the good fight and ends up starting a gofundme or anything, I will be supporting him all the way.

If you are at all interested in a door cart I'd seriously consider this. I will have it at my house in the next couple of days and can/will post pictures and a review. But I'm sure the product will be worth the money after hearing from the creator himself. You just don't get that kind of experience often anymore.
DO you have AL's telephone number.
Been trying to reach on numbers on web site but no answer.

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
I bought the original “go without doors” last month. It’s fantastic! High quality, and the folding - rolling design is key for my limited storage. The confirmation email mentioned knockoffs made in China: now I understand why.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
DO you have AL's telephone number.
Been trying to reach on numbers on web site but no answer.
I didnt save it. I actually ordered a second cart not too long ago and im pretty sure Al ended up selling to the other company and/or partnering with them. Same quality of product everything. But the packaging and reading material was different and, if memory serves, the name that appeared on my bank statement was the other company. I may be wrong though, hope I am.

So it goes. I wish the guy all the best. Damn shame our current patent structure is an abject failure.

RalphS5

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Attorney
I didnt save it. I actually ordered a second cart not too long ago and im pretty sure Al ended up selling to the other company and/or partnering with them. Same quality of product everything. But the packaging and reading material was different and, if memory serves, the name that appeared on my bank statement was the other company. I may be wrong though, hope I am.

So it goes. I wish the guy all the best. Damn shame our current patent structure is an abject failure.
The website is still operational and I can seemingly purchase the cart at gowithoutdoors.com/.
I wanted to ask if they offer a cover for the cart with the doors on it.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think they do but I bet it would be a good seller if they did

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT

"Go Without Doors is a division of Rackabilities. Purchase invoices and credit card charges will show up as Rackabilities."

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
Love my ARC Off-road door hangers. They're great if you have wall space in your garage or shop. Cheap and sturdy.
Sponsored