Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Link to lightbar

Has anyone installed one of these yet or seen one in person?

Not a cheap solution but I love the interior mount idea as well as the simplicity of wiring & installation.

One thing that seems a little odd is that the LEDs appear to mounted at a 90* angle instead of forward-facing. It appears to rely on the reflectors to direct the light forward. Hard to tell from the picture but maybe the white LEDs are forward facing and the orange ones are mounted at 90*?

Jeep Gladiator Quadratec Stealth 50" Interior Mount LED Lightbar 2
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Interesting. Like that it’s claimed to be plug and play to wire up. Never seen an inside install. You have to think the windshield would reduce effectiveness to some degree, right? I guess being mounted flat against the glass, there’s no glare coming back into the cab. I would definitely want to talk to someone with first hand experience before shelling out 700 clams

OP
OP
Code 3

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Yes, plug & play using the Quadratec 12V aux splitter with the switch on the back of the housing above the driver. Appears to be a very clean install other than the "Quadratec" sticker (which would have to be removed before installation :)).

One review mentioned some "light spill" down towards the dash which was pretty easily remedied. I have to think that top of windshield mount would also cause less reflected glare off of the hood than A-pillar mounted

Technically the windshield would block some of the lumens but I can't imagine the loss would be noticeable. It also wouldn't be subject to getting beaten by road debris and would be harder to steal as compared to exterior mounted lights.

As you said, almost $700... first-hand opinions beforehand would be nice... but someone has to be the guinea pig!

LancGladiatorGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Occupation
LEO
I’ve been looking at these for a while. There are 2 YouTube videos, one of a full install and the other of a quicker install so they could get on the road. I’m leaning towards one but the ACC version won’t ship until 1/2021.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
A guy reviewed it on YT and it didn't seem all that impressive to me.

It didn't seem too powerful. He goes out at night and shows with his headlights on and then with the lightbar on and it seemed the light was just a bit wider than his normal headlights with not a lot of distance gain.

Also, it showed there was definitely light leaking inside the vehicle itself from it on the dash.

The below link is to ChaosFocused YT video on it. This link will start about 6 minutes in where he actually starts to show how the light performs and skips over the install bits.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
A guy reviewed it on YT and it didn't seem all that impressive to me.

It didn't seem too powerful. He goes out at night and shows with his headlights on and then with the lightbar on and it seemed the light was just a bit wider than his normal headlights with not a lot of distance gain.

Also, it showed there was definitely light leaking inside the vehicle itself from it on the dash.

The below link is to ChaosFocused YT video on it. This link will start about 6 minutes in where he actually starts to show how the light performs and skips over the install bits.

It’s probably the best review out there, but it seems like he didn’t use the best location. It looks like it’s probably a large, flat area. The lights are just shooting off into the darkness, but have nothing to hit. It there were trees or walls or something, that would be a better test. The amber seemed weak, but the white seemed like it could still be strong if tested correctly.
Sponsored