First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I contacted a local shop and was quoted 10k for everything (parts and labor). This is my second Jeep, but the first one I'm doing lift, rims, and tires. Rims are 17x9 and tires are 37. Is that a reasonable price or should I shop around?
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Quality parts cost a premium, and without telling us what you're having installed we can't really give you a good answer.

OP
OP
Aubie

Aubie

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Quality parts cost a premium, and without telling us what you're having installed we can't really give you a good answer.
teraflex 3.5" lift, teraflex alpine ir short control arm kit, teraflex front and rear track bar, falken 2.1 monotube shocks, fox race series ats steering stabilizer, fuel covert bronze 17x9, nitto ridge grappler 37x12.5, tpms, mount/balance and speedo calibration.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Do your research on parts cost and add them up, shop around. There are some site sponsors here that give forum member discounts, for example Northridge4x4. Maybe you can purchase all the parts and have a shop just do the install. I think this is a very high quote. lets say on the high side all the parts cost $5-6K, you are giving them $4-5k in labor.... that is outrageous in my eyes.

lostdd

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 19 Ascent, 97 TJ, 88 Sub, 58 Apache
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just an example: Rims 4 @ 325, tires 4 @ 370 with around 100 for install kit and disposal fees, lift @ 2,000. I believe labor should only be 4 hrs but I'm sure they claim more(Doesn't take me that long) So. not sure what your hourly rate is in your area but lets say ave = $100. 4,780+400= $5180. I would tell that shop to take a hike and if your any way handy or like to maintain your own vehicle DIY. It really is pretty simple and call a good buddy for any extra set of hands. PS. My set up didn't even cost anything near my estimate.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I contacted a local shop and was quoted 10k for everything (parts and labor). This is my second Jeep, but the first one I'm doing lift, rims, and tires. Rims are 17x9 and tires are 37. Is that a reasonable price or should I shop around?
As an Alabama alum I’d like to tell you that’s a great deal but I’m not like that. I actually root for Auburn when they aren’t playing Bama. If you were in Florida I’d tell you to swing on by and I’d help you do the lift. It’s really not that hard. But since you aren’t, find another shop that doesn’t want to rip you off with the lift kit and install. Then shop around for your wheels and tires as a package deal. Discount tire direct has always been my go to guy for wheels and tires. Good luck!