Radio Always On

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I just turn the volume all the way down… start truck and radio is right where I left it on vol- 0
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Depending on how long you've had your JT there may be a firmware upgrade available.
There was supposed to be an update for the 3rd quarter 2021, but it’s still not available.
My 7” uConnect does all kinds of weird shit, and they won’t do anything about it until they try applying the update.

Kevin

OP
OP
johnnyg

johnnyg

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Project Management
Maybe an "old school" term, but head unit is referring to the radio
Thanks. I suspected that may be the case. Found the version 4/4C/4C NAV with 8.4 Inch Display. I've confirmed the firmware is updated.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I suspected that may be the case. Found the version 4/4C/4C NAV with 8.4 Inch Display. I've confirmed the firmware is updated.
You may have the latest version available through the dealer, but it may not be the newest version. The Map update website has instructions for getting it into Service Mode and checking the version. Mine was at revision J and the upgrade sent with the Map update brought it up to revision Q. I checked the Mopar site before ordering the Map update, and it said no Uconnect update is available. I did get the OTA update for the recall to fix the backup camera issues.
Sponsored