First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pizza/Office
It does not happen every time but more often than I would like. After I hang up a phone call using Apple CarPlay the radio is on but silent and none of the buttons work. Sometimes a simple power off and back on does the trick but sometimes I need to shut the truck off and restart it just t hear my radio. Any ideas? I called the dealer and they played dumb and told me to try a different wire. I can't be the only one with this issue.
Loving it here btw. Love seeing all the creativity y'all have with your trucks. I can 't wait to take my top off. ;)

--Rob
Sponsored

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
I had that problem a few times when my truck was newer from mid last year but ever since going from an iPone 6+ to 13pro late last year I have not seen the problem. What kind of phone? Do you have the latest phone updates?

ajr2025

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Fire fighter
I’ve got a similar issue where it will freeze during a call while using CarPlay. iOS is up to date, as is the 8.4 Uconnect.I haven’t been annoyed enough to call the dealer yet.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I had the issue with and without my carplay2air adaptor about a year ago, fairly frequently over the course of a month. I updated all my firmware- phone, adaptor, radio. Also cycled the power on my phone. Have not had the issue since.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
I found on iPhones you may not have the latest firmware even if you have auto update turned on, you have to go into settings and tell it to check.
Sponsored