Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
And what happens when it tows or when it gets in cold weather? Or even worse towing in cold weather…..Once you get to a 1500 or higher (2500, etc) many people tow with them and most EVs drop to crap for range once it tows. Watch what happens in real life tests.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care to read about the range on an electric truck unless it includes the range while hooked to a trailer with at least 3/4 of max towing capacity at extreme upper and lower temperatures.
No more sugar coating,

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im on board with everyone who’s skeptical about its ability to tow.

But we do need to face the fact that most truck owners dont tow, and if they do its a uhaul.

Just like most jeep owners dont off road.

We’re not the target market :-/

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
500 miles is really the spot for me before I consider going electric. I'm a bit sceptic though as it seems every vehicle underperforms their estimates. 400+ would still be pretty decent, and you could speculate hitting 200+ towing, which isn't too bad for your primary vehicle.
With all of that said, by me 'considering' I still can't move without a second gas vehicle for long drives / vacation / etc... So, maybe in 5 years I'll get one and keep the Jeep for those longer drive situations.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I have a few friends who have recently gotten EV's and so far none of them are getting anywhere near the state mileage unless in perfect condition. I would like one for work but that is about it until they can go a lot more miles and handle hauling stuff

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
500 miles is really the spot for me before I consider going electric. I'm a bit sceptic though as it seems every vehicle underperforms their estimates. 400+ would still be pretty decent, and you could speculate hitting 200+ towing, which isn't too bad for your primary vehicle.
With all of that said, by me 'considering' I still can't move without a second gas vehicle for long drives / vacation / etc... So, maybe in 5 years I'll get one and keep the Jeep for those longer drive situations.
I was really impressed with the rivian truck towing video i saw. Until the part about how long it takes to recharge. Really handicaps its use for distance towing :-/

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Many of my neighbors haven't had power for a week now because of an ice storm that took down branches everywhere.

That would be a tough situation for an EV.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Many of my neighbors haven't had power for a week now because of an ice storm that took down branches everywhere.

That would be a tough situation for an EV.
I rented a Tesla Model Y while I was in Canada this past weekend and it was a sumbitch to keep charged. We spent a lot of time at charging stations while there. The negative temps obviously made it worse.

That being said, we were driving a lot. The charging from say 20% to 90% took 30-40 minutes. The driving experience itself is just so damn superior in an EV vs ICE…not even a competition.

Overall, most people need to have at home charging and a backup ICE vehicle I think. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just a reminder, you all may know, that STLA Frame IS our JTs AND the Rams.

Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Just a reminder, you all may know, that STLA Frame IS our JTs AND the Rams.
Would be fun to use the setup as builder parts on our existing systems

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
They have been stealing the power cords from the EV charging stations for the copper in the cords. Seen 2 charging stations on our trip from Pittsburgh to Denver this week with missing cords.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
They have been stealing the power cords from the EV charging stations for the copper in the cords. Seen 2 charging stations on our trip from Pittsburgh to Denver this week with missing cords.
Gee now isn't that a surprise.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Thieves around here have been steeling copper out of highway lamp posts. They target ones in construction zones so nobody notices a truck parked beside a post and men working for a while.

BrandonDIS

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Use anti-skid chains in cold weather
Sponsored