Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Car phone jack.
Jeep Gladiator Ranting and Raving! ba9310d622674a7c7d4418b22edb42a5
I want one soooo bad. I would seriously love to have that in my truck, even if it was converted to a bluetooth handset where I could answer my cell phone on it. Soooooo sexy

MNWillys

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Government
What is that phone or network cable looking plug in the bottom center?
I haven't read into that yet, but I've seen other installs remove the port and install their sway bar release switch in its place.

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
What state do I need to be from for that statement to be true?
So, you have never complained about receiving services from a dealer and thinking that you were charged too much. Got it. This thread is titled, Ranting and Raving. If you didn't feel as if I had a point, or you had a kinship with my thoughts, then just move on. Why post that you are so much better than I by saying I should create a rival business and charge less? Thanks for your time.

Lin

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
So, you have never complained about receiving services from a dealer and thinking that you were charged too much. Got it. This thread is titled, Ranting and Raving. If you didn't feel as if I had a point, or you had a kinship with my thoughts, then just move on. Why post that you are so much better than I by saying I should create a rival business and charge less? Thanks for your time.

Lin
Lol... as a business owner, let me venture to guess Floridaman offers a good service at a competitive price and decided your rant was worthy of derision.

People that run legitimate, good, fair businesses are accused daily of stealing bread from children's mouths... often while skipping lunch to solve a problem at zero profit. But hey... we get to set our own hours... lol....

Long story short... if you are going to rant on the internet... check how thick your skin is first.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
First off, please don't move this to another forum. I just spent almost an hour calling 2 dealers and chatting with Jeep online. I found out that none of them know shit. Not knowing the absolute details of what my JTO included when I bought it was my fault. However, I hadn't bought a new vehicle since 2002, when I bought my Tahoe. So, excuse me for overlooking the fact that my truck didn't have the auxiliary switch group. The auxiliary switch group is a $295 add-on option that comes with a larger battery, a stronger alternator, and the switches prewired.

After finding the part number myself, because NEITHER dealer part employee could find the part number, I was told just the switch bank was $375 plus tax. Also, it was on backorder. Also, it would be 3 hours of labor at $130/hr. So, $790 just to get the switch bank installed and no larger battery and no stronger alternator. And $130 per hour for labor? Are you shitting me? Exactly what year was it that mechanics charged as much as doctor's per hour?
Yes it was your fault, not the fault of the dealers. These people are sales people trying to sell vehicles often in multi brand dealerships and there is no way that they can know every detail on every model.

Had you spent a few minutes online with the Jeep website, your questions would have been answered in the build section and you would have bought your new Jeep as an informed buyer and have been totally satisfied.

Gladrubi20

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I don't see an issue here. I wanted the switches too, but sacrificed them for a hellofa deal on inventory know that this JTR had ALMOST everything I wanted and aftermarket would probably provide me something as good or better for a lot less.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I know new car fever can be overwhelming when looking at a vehicle that you want and it is sitting there in front of you, believe me I have been there. But spending 40 to 60 thousand dollars for a vehicle hits home and I think anyone spending that type of money with little to no research is foolish. Ask me how I know, when I bought a new Porsche Boxster with a known engine defect that will cost a new engine eventually. My lesson learned the hard way, at least you have many factory and after market options to choose from that won't cost more than the vehicle is worth, or be able to drive and enjoy for a couple of years and trade in without taking a bath in depreciation.
Totally agree.
I was not in the position of being overwhelmed, but did not know truly what I was looking at.
There was no buyer remorse for me, since I can add on if and when I desire.
To me, the most overwhelming thing is having 2 key-fob`s, with a $100K value.........
That`s scary.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
TL;DR: Buyer doesn't do his own research, is upset that he didn't get told exactly what to buy.

In an alternative thread, someone is probably complaining about the "stealership" trying to "sell me shit I didn't ask for."

I bought a Launch Edition. After poring over various build sheets with highlighters and notes, "just get it all" made me happy.
Sponsored