First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I am also a supporter of minimum possible size, but still keeping the key somewhat accessible for the various compartments that it can lock. I think there are six spots in mine that I can lock with that key. I have no interest in keeping it in the slot between the cupholders.

pdwilkins

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Interested. Only fob bigger is my Ford Expedition one. Crazy. The switchblade key always opens in my pocket.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I would like a smaller one. I have the AJT one and it is much better than the factory. Using the key is a pain but I don't use it much. The thing I would like to get rid of is the panic button. I wish they made a FOB without that. I have never used a panic button, just accidentally bump it in my pocket all the time.

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software

Sponsored

DougF

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
A problem I have had with this and other key fobs is tripping the Panic Button while bending with the fob in my pocket. If you could address that...

SA Stu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
This is awesome!!! Thanks for doing this. It would be nice if the design would fit into the smaller of the three dashboard holders / cutouts. There is a lager one in center and two small ones on the side. That is were I throw my fob but it just does not fit.. I do not like that it opens in my pocket. I also have a a tow hitch lockbox that it should fit into. If the key could be removable so I could leave the fob in car and put key in wetsuit to go surf. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Shrink it and add an LED flashlight bulb. 1 LED, just enough use when you are fumbling in the dark. Had one on a few of my Audis and loved that.

Thanks for all the feedback, sharing interest and for volunteers for test candidates! I'll keep sharing updates and seeking feedback and will probably seek some beta testers.

The image shows the fobs I am using as inspiration as well as a couple of printed bottle openers I designed. The colors on the bottle openers are to show the stress during opening a bottle (result of an FEA analysis). I'll likely produce my two fobs in different colors to more easily distinguish between them.

If you have a favorite fob please share and we'll include it in our idea bucket.

2020-10-18 18.49.10.jpg

peteawalk

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
IT
subbing

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I'd be very interested if your new design also includes a cup holder, nail file, hidden beer bottle opener, and a way to pick my teeth and clean my ears since these new flat-ended keys no longer work for those needs. I'd like it to be $15 like the fob holders I already have, with a lifetime warranty, and free overnight replacement if I happen to fall out of love with the color. I'd be looking for a UL listing and approval also.

You might also be able to join this lawsuit and force Chrysler to pay you to build it.

1598032494723-png.png

Sponsored

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I wouldn't mind testing it out. I am currently using AJT and the standard model. I have also thought about a redesign.
Just a thought on the AJT the feel gets better after using it a while.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Here's the Audi S6

I posted a link rather than upload the photo to reduce OT clutter.
You need to add an underhood shot of that Big Turbo!

And I have the same keyfob on my A5; that pullout key would be my vote to keep it simple.

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested and with most on the smaller = better. Pullout key would be great, but really as long as the key is there and does not fall out easily.

usc4duke

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Interested as well.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase