Sponsored

Rear Wheel Fender Trim

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Well my dumbass ground the black plastic trim on my painted rear flare against the stucco of my home this morning. The black trim that is on the outside of the painted flares if that makes sense. Luckily all the painted portion was left alone. It seems this plastic trim can be replaced. I am looking at exploded views but I am not having much luck.

Does anyone have a part number for this trim. It doesn't seem to be part of the liner but I am not entirely sure.

Thanks ahead of time!
Sponsored

ndn384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not a replaceable part. They are “plastic welded” together. At least that is the case with the front fenders. Check out A video for the American Adventure Lab High-Line Fender Brace. It will show how to take the front fenders apart. Should be pretty similar in the rear.

OP
OP
LoJac963

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have pictures of the inside of the fender without the liner? I am curious how exactly the trim is plastic welded to the colored portion?

I can buy a textured black fender for $135 vs the $200 for a paintable fender then have to pay for paint as well. Plastic welds aren't impossible to free and re-weld but I want to see what it would entail or if it is even possible.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone have pictures of the inside of the fender without the liner? I am curious how exactly the trim is plastic welded to the colored portion?

I can buy a textured black fender for $135 vs the $200 for a paintable fender then have to pay for paint as well. Plastic welds aren't impossible to free and re-weld but I want to see what it would entail or if it is even possible.
Look for JL or JT “fender chop” videos. I don’t believe you will be able to replace that. How bad is the damage?

OP
OP
LoJac963

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look for JL or JT “fender chop” videos. I don’t believe you will be able to replace that. How bad is the damage?
Missed the painted portion luckily. I'm waiting a quote from Jeep Collision on painting a rear fender. I might just order a new paintable fender and have them paint it and be done with it. I'll look up your recommendation, thanks!

20200620_053658.jpg

Sponsored

Otaypankey

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver JTR, 2015 Mercedes Benz E550 Cabriolet, 2020 BMW R1250 RT
Missed the painted portion luckily. I'm waiting a quote from Jeep Collision on painting a rear fender. I might just order a new paintable fender and have them paint it and be done with it. I'll look up your recommendation, thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Rear Wheel Fender Trim 20200620_053658
Looks to me like you just added a little “character” to your rig!

OP
OP
LoJac963

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks to me like you just added a little “character” to your rig!
lol that's how I'm justifying the scratches. Although I wished the cause was something with a little more bragging rights hahahaha
Sponsored