Sponsored

Recommendations on a diagnostic tool that would also work on a Challenger?

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
I would just like to have one handy. I figure one that works on the jeep would also work on a challenger which is our other vehicle.
Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I would just like to have one handy. I figure one that works on the jeep would also work on a challenger which is our other vehicle.
I have AlfaOBD. I used it to add proximity locks to my 2020 Gladiator and upgrade the 7" to 8.4" radio with navigation on our 2020 Compass. Looking at the menus on it I see Challenger (LA) and Challenger (LC).

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Not sure about other FCA vehicles but works on Jeep..This is posted on the Bing Search:
OBD JScan
APP
‎What is OBD JScan? OBD JScan is powerful Jeep & Chrysler & Dodge diagnostic application. JScan allows reading standard Diagnostic Trouble Codes (emission related), general Live Data and Adaptations and much more.

for 2018 and newer an additional bit... the Jscan (http://jscan.net) to work on the Gladiator requires an additional connector harness..
*This vehicle requires Security Bypass module

It is very reasonable on price and the necessary bluetooth OBD Adapters.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
If you can wait till Black Friday amazon runs great deals on scan tools. True scan tools not a app

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Are you wanting to do adaptations, or just read codes? There are a bunch of Bluetooth code readers available. If you want to do adaptations also, I can recommend JScan and the OBDMX+. If unsure, you could get the OBDMX+, and get the JScan later if desired.

Last edited:

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Are you wanting to do adaptations, or just read codes. There are a bunch of Bluetooth code readers available. If you want to do adaptations also, I can recommend JScan and the OBDMX+. If unsure, you could get the OBDMX+, and get the JScan later if desired.
The app that comes with the OBDMX+, which is also available separately, is very powerful.

Kevin