Sponsored

Anyone using a Banks derringer on their diesel?

Kooch34

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Healthcare
I am thinking about getting one and wanted to see if anyone is using one and what your thoughts on it are
Sponsored

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
You may have found it by now, but look under Power section, 3.0 Diesel, Banks Tuners, and on the last page or two a couple guys have used it and are impressed.

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, 19' Giulia, 64' Cobra
I had one on my JL Diesel before I sold the vehicle to buy my Mojave. The difference from stock is night and day. I have some footage I plan to edit and upload to my YouTube channel this weekend, just need to find the time.

The pure 0-60 time isn't changed much as I believe there's some torque management in place down low, but the passing power and general gains across the RPM range are very obvious.

I have mine for sale locally on Marketplace. If I don't sell it in the next few days I plan to put it up on the marketplace on both the JL and JT forums. All told, I say go for it though. It's an plug and play piggyback solution with solid gains.

Also, the connection to the fuel rail is kind of a pain to get to. Go into it with the engine cool, a cold beer and a side of patience. The end result is well worth it, but it's worth knowing.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I'm thinking about getting the Banks Derringer but does anyone know if the dealer can see if it was installed at some point or not? I don't want them to have any excuse to void the warranty or refuse a repair under warranty.

Sponsored

Tommyswrx

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
I just installed mine along with the pedal monster and it is NIGHT and DAY difference.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I got the iDash, Pedal Monster and Derringer. Have the Pedal monster set to Sport 4. That alone made a difference. The Derringer set on 6 will light the tires up.

ER Nurse

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
ER Nurse
I too got the whole kit. Pedal monster, Derringer and iDash kit. You can truly feel the power and the pedal monster dose an amazing job at eliminating the turbo lag feel. Easy install, no codes, better mpg and way more fun to drive. I also had to turn it down for normal driving on stock tires. Plan on adding 37"....Then I'll turn it back up.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I too got the whole kit. Pedal monster, Derringer and iDash kit. You can truly feel the power and the pedal monster dose an amazing job at eliminating the turbo lag feel. Easy install, no codes, better mpg and way more fun to drive. I also had to turn it down for normal driving on stock tires. Plan on adding 37"....Then I'll turn it back up.
If you dont mind, what was the cost for the whole package? Im looking at the Green Diesel PCM upgrade/tune, but its pricey. Only thing I like is the way they limit the egr and crap going into the engine, the stuff that the gov uses to kill our vehicles. Does Banks do anything like that or just fake out the turbo controls and accelerator settings

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
I was about to order one then I found GDE and read up on tuning vs amplifying, but i know a lot of people love their banks.

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Banks is more fooling the computer. Gde reprograms. Gde can be seen by dealer. Bank just requires removal and shouldn't look like anything changed.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Is there a breakdown of the different settings for the Derringer?
You have 6 different settings. Stock to #6. Each step up gives you more power. #6 will light the tires up. I have my Pedal Monster set to Sport 4.