Sponsored

Has anyone successfully gotten a dealer to flash their PCM for non-dealer-installed parts/accessories?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It has to be all or none, as we can only add a sales code's which gets reported to Stellantis, which then allows us to flash the BCM to load these changes. At the dealer level, the settings cannot be changed directly to the BCM, or any Module like that. It has to be directed to corporate and back
Frankly I have zero issues with that. Because so many things rely on, rest on, that VIN, it makes sense.
In the case of my truck the sales code was added and they did a flash of the BCM.
I'm fine with the limitations on all or none on packages like lighting. Again, because they have to draw a line and the VIN is how others find what the truck has, or the dealer sees if your truck has any alerts for anything.
I get it, and I accept it, and frankly, in some ways I like it - not necessarily the cost, but then it costs money to train, buy tools and equipment and so on.

Thank you for finally getting the facts out there. All of the speculation or "I think that" or "in my opinion" was just confusing things as onlookers then expected something or blamed the crooked dealership or the dumb tech and so on.

As Paul Harvey once said "and now you know the rest of the story"
Sponsored

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
Had a dealership by me flash my Jeep when I installed aux switches. $46 and I didn't buy my Jeep there.

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
What dealership?
Team Auto Group Denison Iowa. The parts manager had me give him my Vin and part number befor I showed up so he could get the computer entry done and in the system befor I got there. He told me that it is ony a 20 minute job and that is all they billed out.
Sponsored