Install Unlocked PCM - One of the PCM Connectors not unlocking

catronro

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK Hemi
Hoping someone can help here. I am trying to install an unlocked PCM and when I go to disconnect the cables on the stock PCM the one in the back doesnt "unlock". The lever comes about half way up and then stops, if i pull lightly then the connector starts to separate vs. "unlock" and disconnect.

In the below diagram you can see what i am talking about. What i am calling the connector plug and connector base should come off as one piece when i raise the lever. Instead what is happening is that the connector plug is separating from the "locking" base. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jeep Gladiator Install Unlocked PCM - One of the PCM Connectors not unlocking 1616678785026
Sponsored

OP
OP

catronro

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK Hemi
Here is another view of how it is separating. Using a video from youtube i have circled where it is separating.

Jeep Gladiator Install Unlocked PCM - One of the PCM Connectors not unlocking 1616693225624

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Have you tried pushing in on the connector as you're lifting the arm?

Almost sounds like something is misaligned within the connector.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
It's just stuck in the pcm. The plastic "rack and pinion" mechanism they use isn't strong enough to slide the keepers. Take a look at how the removed one operates. You can use a small screwdriver or similar to help move the slide that locks everything in place as you work the bail.
Sponsored