Recovery gear in jt.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The Jackmate is a useful accessory for the Hi-Lift jack. Meanwhile, I am trying to decide how to attach my Hi-Lift in the bed, probably across the front or along the passenger side. I too have accumulated stuff like others have listed, hope not to need it.
Sponsored

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
upload_2020-3-6_6-38-59.jpeg

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
We took Nena’s Recovery Basic this past weekend. Great hands on introduction to Recovery.

DSGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
I keep the Springfield .45 perm. mounted under the steering column, then the 1911 is a personal carry sidearm. Excessive, I know. Its for stupid people and big wildlife. I'm less worried about Utah Black Bear and Mountain Lion as I am Bull Elk and Moose. Far more negative encounters w/Elk & Moose than Bear and Big cats.

I'll take photos in a bit. I have everything secured either in the bed or behind / under the seats. I still have ample space left for other items like tents/camping gear, etc. I can also mount above my hard tri-fold tonneau cover.
I know the post is old but had to laugh a bit on how this turned to a gun being recovery gear. I agree it can be considered recovery gear. I do a lot of off-road riding on my motorcycles and can get pretty far back into the mountains and I often do alone. I carry a small 380 with me when I ride for recovery gear too. One of my riding buddies asked me why I carry the gun in my riding vest. He thought bear or mt lion just like someone else here but while yes that is true but hardly afraid of either as long as my bike is working but if I break down and need to hike it out the gun is a welcome recovery tool if come across big bear or other big animal, especially if it gets dark. While 380 may not have the punch for a big bear or a moose I am sure enough to keep at bay until I can relocate. But the real answer to my friend was i was more afraid of some of the crazy land owners you sometime run into And even a few drunk off-roader’s that get a bit aggressive. When In Colorado lots of miners up there and some get pretty aggressive. 99% of the people are the best in the world up there but a few bad apples can ruin your day. years ago I got stuck in an area that someone said I was not allowed to be in, while I know he was wrong but he and his scary-looking friend out numbered me and my wife. I guess in the Jeep I could carry the desert eagle 50C. That should keep someone away. :’) in all honesty I hope I never never never need to pull out my gun but nice to know I have if required.
Sponsored