Kinetic recovery strap

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I'm looking to build up my recovery gear, and ran across this on Amazon.

Has anyone else bought from "ALL-TOP" before?

After browsing several "recovery" straps that were polyester non-stretch from Amazon brands, these appeared to be legit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FL59Y51/ref=emc_b_5_t

Worth taking a risk or should I just go for the ARB straps?
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Are you looking for a static strap aka non stretching or kinetic? Best for towing as named tow strap not recovery. But good for tree saver or tie off when winching. I use that type of straps for towing or dragging, using a low gear with brute pulling and traction not snatching. The snatching is the thing that can break stuff, then can launch it especially using a static strap, chain or rope. I've seen some dumb@## doing that deliberately..... Trying to damage other people's stuff. You might want to check out a few U-tube videos of Matt's Off-road recovery (and others use), when he explained what and why he uses what he does. His experience with recovery is top notch with out damage to customers stuff or his equipment. Then you can decide what you need / want to have and use. Remember what you get from someone on WWW is not the one there with you then or hospital or in court later.

OP
OP
Higher_Ground

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Thanks for the reply!

The one I linked to is supposed to be kinetic - a "snatch strap" (?)

That is what I would keep on hand to get "unstuck" without having a winch... though I do need a suitable 2nd vehicle.

Most of the ones I see on Amazon are the ones you mention - static, used for towing. I suppose that may come in handy if I find a small tree across the road, then I could pull it without worrying about it snapping back at me.

Looking at the ARB stuff (it's pretty and $$) I can see the use case for both. I just wanted to avoid the premium you pay for name brand. I would not anticipate using it at all, but would rather not need it and be without. Looking to save a few buck in that regard I figured I could get by but wanted to see if anyone else may have used them. They seem like the only other brand selling kinetic straps where several sell static ones.

OP
OP
Higher_Ground

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Well I pulled the trigger on the kit I linked to ($79.99). It came with a 3" 30ft strap. The loops are doubled over and the stitching looks good. It has the same protective sleeves as the name brand. I have not unraveled it yet or given it a stretch. It's listed as 100% Nylon with 22% stretch in several places (35,000lb breaking strength).

The kit comes with an aluminum hitch and pin that allows for installing the shackle in either orientation. The shackles (2 of them) are 3/4" and come with isolators.

All in all, it seems well built and "genuine" if lacking the name brand logo. I honestly don't plan on getting stuck any time soon so I won't know how well it holds up after use, but if/when I do I will post an update.

all top bag.jpg

all top hitch and shackles.jpg

all top strap.jpg

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Is there a tag with load ratings located on the strap?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Higher_Ground

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Is there a tag with load ratings located on the strap?
Jeep Gladiator Kinetic recovery strap PXL_20201208_225217316

Yes, though I wish you hadn't asked be because the reverse side directly contradicts the front....

Jeep Gladiator Kinetic recovery strap PXL_20201208_225807751

Given that every other article (instructions, packaging, labels) refer to 100% nylon I am fairly confident that is just an error.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I guess China calls special treated polyester "Nylon
Sponsored