First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Since, as we all know, TX is massive, are there regional meets? Or are there reps from local Jeep clubs on here that can tell us about meet ups?

I’m in San Antonio. I’m a new Jeepist, and have no idea about local groups.
Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Since, as we all know, TX is massive, are there regional meets? Or are there reps from local Jeep clubs on here that can tell us about meet ups?

Welcome. The correct term is Jeeper.
But yes joint your local jeep clubs. Also there's a Texas Jeep gladiator Facebook page.
There is a run planned to Hidden Falls (about 1.5 hours form San Antonio Nov 6th-8th). I plan on goin and camping out there on the 7th.
I am from SA as well. Hope to see you around!

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
JEEPNCROWD, thanks, the meet at hidden falls sounds fun. Unfortunately, I doubt I’ll have my JT by then. It’s still only “scheduled to be built” as of Monday.

And I think I still like the “ist” suffix better.;)

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
JEEPNCROWD, thanks, the meet at hidden falls sounds fun. Unfortunately, I doubt I’ll have my JT by then. It’s still only “scheduled to be built” as of Monday.

And I think I still like the “ist” suffix better.;)
You could always bring the JLUR, if the JT isn't ready. Just to see what the JTs can do in person. We have to be a little more choosey with our lines than the shorter wheel base jeeps.

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The JL is my Fiancé’s. Whether we go wheeling in that is entirely her decision. Which is why I want my own. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Also, JEEPNCROWD I just checked out your build thread. Very cool! I want to do some of those mods as well, but probably not as extreme.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon

I joined San Antonio Jeep Exclusive almost a year ago but haven't been active...couldn't make a few of the monthly meetings due to work and then the pandemic hit. There's actually a beach run to PINS planned for Halloween weekend. Check out their website.

RobGold 2012

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Landscaping/ Construction
Welcome. The correct term is Jeeper.
But yes joint your local jeep clubs. Also there's a Texas Jeep gladiator Facebook page.
There is a run planned to Hidden Falls (about 1.5 hours form San Antonio Nov 6th-8th). I plan on goin and camping out there on the 7th.
I am from SA as well. Hope to see you around!
I plan on going as well. It will be my first time so take it easy lol.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I plan on going as well. It will be my first time so take it easy lol.
I'm not running the event, but I'll bring all my recovery gear. It's up to yall to talk me out of doing dumb stuff though. I'm known to over do it....
I've been to Hidden Falls several times. The great thing about it is there are often bypasses and plenty of trees to winch off of.

Sponsored

RobGold 2012

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Landscaping/ Construction
I'm not running the event, but I'll bring all my recovery gear. It's up to yall to talk me out of doing dumb stuff though. I'm known to over do it....
I've been to Hidden Falls several times. The great thing about it is there are often bypasses and plenty of trees to winch off of.
Haven’t got my winch yet. Looking at of course a Warn 12,000 with the synthetic rope or the Quadratec Stealth same deal.

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
what’s “PINS?”

I joined San Antonio Jeep Exclusive almost a year ago but haven't been active...couldn't make a few of the monthly meetings due to work and then the pandemic hit. There's actually a beach run to PINS planned for Halloween weekend. Check out their website.

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My Gladiator made it to the “Frame building stage”. Whatever that means. I’m just hoping I get it before thanksgiving. It’s already been over 5 weeks since ordering.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
My Gladiator made it to the “Frame building stage”. Whatever that means. I’m just hoping I get it before thanksgiving. It’s already been over 5 weeks since ordering.
Mine took 2-3 months. after ordering, but that was earlier on. I think they are faster now.

PINS is the Padre Island National Seashore. It the longest stretch of undeveloped barrier island in the world. 60 miles of beach driving with varying conditions, (then you have to drive back as its a dead end).

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
Haven’t got my winch yet. Looking at of course a Warn 12,000 with the synthetic rope or the Quadratec Stealth same deal.
I added a Warn Evo 10k Synthetic a couple weeks ago. Amazon had a better deal than Quadratec and could get it to me in 2 days vs 2 weeks.
Sponsored