Sponsored

Houston - some Jeep meets coming up

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
How was Bryan beach? Any pics? How does that compare to that spot at the end of the St. Louis pass bridge on Galveston?
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
How was Bryan beach? Any pics? How does that compare to that spot at the end of the St. Louis pass bridge on Galveston?
No pics, sorry. It was shoulder to shoulder Jeeps from the bottom of the bridge I. Surfside all the way down to about access road 4. All kinds of people and jeeps. Didn’t see any shinannigans at all. Some loud music groups but that’s not my thing but mostly just peeps with Jeeps chilling on the beach. As for the other side of the San Luis pass bridge, I can’t speak to that for this event. Sorry.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Damn, sorry bro, I didn’t answer your question. Bryan beach was little to no Jeeps. It tends to be Hispanic families, and then mostly fishermen when you get to the mouth of the Brazos. Mainly just a place to get in some beginner level wheeling down by the mounth.

Last edited:

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
:), quite all right. Thanks for the background on Bryan beach. I was also asking how it compared with that area at the western tip of Galveston Island. It looks like there was trails there and some sand that seemed somewhat beginner level also…

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Got it. I’m not really familiar with the other side of the pass. Sorry. Now I’m wanting to explore it. If you ever go lemme know I’m not too far, less than an hour.

Sponsored

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
We were down at the Matagorda Bay Nature Park Thursday to Sunday.

There was a good vibe. No shenanigans. Just a nice relaxing weekend with a bunch of Jeep people.

We did ride out one hell of a storm Saturday night into Sunday morning. 50mph wind gusts and a gnarly thunderstorm makes for one hell of a time in a roof top tent! HAHAHA!

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
It’s always Crystal Beach that’s the trouble spot.

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That would be a bit unnerving!

you guys see this? It seem like it was at Crystal Beach.

https://apple.news/AhJz5QyrcRx6ZaSf_J1FLoQ
That's not the Jeep people doing that. It's the trucks, side by sides, atvs, 4 wheelers, cars, etc. Also, all the young kids (mostly minors, it was prom weekend as well) getting wasted and trashing the entire beach. It's been like this for a few years now and the Jeep community gets blamed for it because it's Go Topless Weekend, even though Jeeps at Crystal Beach represent only a small fraction of the people there. All the normal Jeepers have moved down to Surfside and have received kudos from the law enforcement down there for being well behaved and keeping the beach clean.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like it. I’m not aware of any others
South Padre Island as well.

It's a national thing so it's actually all the country, some at beaches, some on trails, and some just meet up in parking lots.