Sponsored

Rhino roof rack and rails

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
@Screaming_Eagle How has the foot setup been treating you? I bought their drill-through mounts and I'm frankly pissed at the poor fit so likely going to patch the holes and order some feet.

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
At first it seemed like they were slipping up but I realized they settled in a way that they have stayed strong
I used 3 M double face automotive tape instead of the rubber strips they supply these hold clamps in place better
i had to play with the tightening on both sides until I was satisfied.

I know what you mean about the drill through I had them on my wrangler prior. Although in theory they worked wasn’t real happy with overall fit . I made some adjustments with the drill through and flay got them where I felt ok with them.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yeah frankly it makes me regret going with Rhino vs Maximus or the Front Runner stuff. I've always been a huge fan of their racks on the Toyota side but their corner mount vs everyone else's top mount drilling leaves a lot to be desired with how the pads don't sit flush to the top at any corner. My driver front isn't even tight and the bolt is torqued appropriately.

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might want to try using a strip of harder or medium hard rubber or a solid foam under it trimmed to the gap to get a better seat

Sponsored

Screamineagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or cut strips of the 3m double sided tape and fill the gap. Ive used the tape on similar issues with gaps . Worth looking into.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Well at this point I'm removing the brackets either way. I'm just looking for a solution that lets me use part of the expensive ass rack I bought with the least added cost.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
Installed a 36” x 56” Pioneer Platform and attached it using the RL gutter mounts. Note, when used with the their leg height spacer system, that I was able to mount this directly to the legs, no other crossbars then the ones that are part of the rack were needed.
Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails EB6821BD-C90F-4A51-A8EC-DBFBFA7F5423
Jeep Gladiator Rhino roof rack and rails 3C38B2C7-DFE2-4C5C-BF45-61B7F6336D6E

gladi_recon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Do you know what spacers you used? I ordered one set but they wont let the feet slide out that far.

Installed a 36” x 56” Pioneer Platform and attached it using the RL gutter mounts. Note, when used with the their leg height spacer system, that I was able to mount this directly to the legs, no other crossbars then the ones that are part of the rack were needed.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Keep in mind those spacers are for the new rack style that tapers from the top edge to the bottom of the rack... if you're fitting an older style that's rounds over on the edge, you'll likely need different spacers.
Sponsored