Sponsored

RIGID 360 wiring question (Trigger Six Shooter)

roamingbombero

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
hey whats up guys. quick question...

Starting my install tomorrow on 4 pairs of rigid 360s (6") on the gladiator...using a trigger six shooter to have it all organized and what not.

my question is: am i able to splice together multiple light cables (cables coming out of each individual light) into 1 cable leading down the A post to plug into 1 of the 6 outlets on the trigger six shooter? trigger comes with not only the module but 6 power cables.

example: im doing 3 pairs up top on the crossbar and the last pair divided (1 on each a post)... for the 3 pairs up top, lets say i wanted to do the outer 4 on one channel and the inner 2 on another. for the outer 4 instead of having 4 cables coming down the A post and plugging them into the six shooter ( taking up 4 channels) i'd like to splice them together into 1 that comes down.

is this possible? safe? fuse blowing issues?

also, what the best way to bring them down so that the cables coming down from the crossbar aren't visible?

thanks
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Starting my install tomorrow on 4 pairs of rigid 360s (6") on the gladiator...using a trigger six shooter to have it all organized and what not.

my question is: am i able to splice together multiple light cables (cables coming out of each individual light) into 1 cable leading down the A post to plug into 1 of the 6 outlets on the trigger six shooter? trigger comes with not only the module but 6 power cables.

example: im doing 3 pairs up top on the crossbar and the last pair divided (1 on each a post)... for the 3 pairs up top, lets say i wanted to do the outer 4 on one channel and the inner 2 on another. for the outer 4 instead of having 4 cables coming down the A post and plugging them into the six shooter ( taking up 4 channels) i'd like to splice them together into 1 that comes down.

also, what the best way to bring them down so that the cables coming down from the crossbar aren't visible?

thanks

You can combine lights but add up the draw of the lights to make sure it doesn't exceed the power going to the wire. Don't know anything about a "trigger six shooter" so can't help you there.

bidingmytime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon

thanks
It shouldn't matter what relay, Trigger Six, Four, or another brand you're using. Just make sure you don't have a higher draw than the particualr channel you're using. The port doesn't really know if you use five lights each at one amp or one light at five amps. Another thing to watch out for is running wires too long, in total once splicing, and watch your connections are solid after splicing a bunch.
Sponsored