Sponsored

Rim Rocker to Moab this summer....Feelin Saucy

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Thinking I may take my boys on Rim Rocker for a bit of overland and maybe a day or two at Moab.
https://rimrockertrail.org

Got a Grand Canyon Trip planned as well.Beginning of June...may try to hit Table Mesa and Schnebly etc .....
Sponsored

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Willys, 21 Indian Scout
Occupation
Management
I was planning rim rocker for July but since we are doing the Ouray in July I am probably going to push it towards the end of the year. Plus I have my hands full this summer, just picked up a new toy 😁 got a Indian Scout for "commuting" 😁

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I was thinking about a late summer trek. Worried about heat.
Seems like an easier trail and a good one for kids etc. Looks like even gas stations at points along the way. Early June is Grand Canyon....end of June is Tennessee. End of July is Ouray.
Beginning of July? Maybe..... If not then like later into the summer or fall.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I could fit in Rimrocker in August

Also, let me know if you go to the Grand Canyon and want to get your badges down here. BW2CK is a whole day, but Schnebly and Table Mesa are super easy and quick

We could do Crapshoot around Table Mesa so you can still get your badge but do a little more than be driving on a dirt road

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
How bad is BW2CK?

I'll have a RTT and camping gear. 35s 2.5 Clayton lift.

I could fit in Rimrocker in August

Also, let me know if you go to the Grand Canyon and want to get your badges down here. BW2CK is a whole day, but Schnebly and Table Mesa are super easy and quick

We could do Crapshoot around Table Mesa so you can still get your badge but do a little more than be driving on a dirt road

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
How bad is BW2CK?

I'll have a RTT and camping gear. 35s 2.5 Clayton lift.
You can bypass everything but two obstacles, and even those are manageable, especially if you're planning on Black Bear and Poughskeepise Gulch like I think I remember reading in the Ouray thread.

It's just a long trail, I think its 26 miles, so it's a minimum 6 hours

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I have driven some pretty technical sections. Very curious as to how the JT will do with the gear on it. When you read 5-10 it's a pretty wide gap. I have done Red Cone, Imogene, Ophir, and some really technical sections at Mini Moab and China Wall.

You can bypass everything but two obstacles, and even those are manageable, especially if you're planning on Black Bear and Poughskeepise Gulch like I think I remember reading in the Ouray thread.

It's just a long trail, I think its 26 miles, so it's a minimum 6 hours

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I have driven some pretty technical sections. Very curious as to how the JT will do with the gear on it. When you read 5-10 it's a pretty wide gap. I have done Red Cone, Imogene, Ophir, and some really technical sections at Mini Moab and China Wall.
I'd like to see it with all the gear too

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Yeah, RTT and rack with some camping stuff will surely make it wheel a bit different.. I think 4.88 gearing will help....But I would not go do Holy Cross set up like this, I'd strip it down.

I'd like to see it with all the gear too

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I'm planning on doing Rimrocker starting June 3rd starting on the Montrose side. I hope it's open by then!! Planning for 3 days on the trail camping at Ballpark and Buckeye along the way. This will be my first time on the trail, and my first time to Colorado/Utah.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Late June I'll be in Tennessee :)

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Didn't know about this trail. Thanks for sharing! Looks like I have some planning to do.
Sponsored