First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I was just going to go for the drop ship method and have it go directly to my broker in Blaine, Washington. Then they would ship it to their warehouse here in Victoria. And then I'll have to pick it up in the back of my truck or more likely on a flat deck trailer.

I wish I could just have it shipped directly to my door. I messaged RLD about direct shipping to Canada and they didn't respond. The worst part is with the currency exchange rate I'm actually going to pay about $5000 just for the basic shell. But it is what it is!
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I was just going to go for the drop ship method and have it go directly to my broker in Blaine, Washington. Then they would ship it to their warehouse here in Victoria. And then I'll have to pick it up in the back of my truck or more likely on a flat deck trailer.

I wish I could just have it shipped directly to my door. I messaged RLD about direct shipping to Canada and they didn't respond. The worst part is with the currency exchange rate I'm actually going to pay about $5000 just for the basic shell. But it is what it is!
Damn at that rate, I'd just plan a weekend and go pick up in Seattle after all this dies down.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I wonder how much overhang would be tolerable... I've been debating about doing a 50" x 84" or maybe even 92" rack and just skipping the separate cab rack. It would probably be like 2-3' of unsupported rack though so not sure how well 80/20 would hold up without a bunch of deflection. It would only be lights and maxtrax up on the end but it has me thinking.

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
I wonder how much overhang would be tolerable... I've been debating about doing a 50" x 84" or maybe even 92" rack and just skipping the separate cab rack. It would probably be like 2-3' of unsupported rack though so not sure how well 80/20 would hold up without a bunch of deflection. It would only be lights and maxtrax up on the end but it has me thinking.
I've got about 26 inches of distance from the mounting point forward with the RLD rack, I can hang off of it so it's pretty sturdy - certainly enough for max-tracks and lights if that's what you plan. Once my RTT is up there I'll have room to mount some stuff forward, plan on max-tracks at a minimum...

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Call Tom at Adventure Ready and see if there are any available on the next shipment
I checked. He has two as of yesterday coming in the next shipment. One Grey/Grey, the other Black/White. If you order now the next delivery would be in July (I would guess 'earliest'). I want black/black, so I'm going to order mine I think. I'm not counting on getting it until August.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I checked. He has two as of yesterday coming in the next shipment. One Grey/Grey, the other Black/White. If you order now the next delivery would be in July (I would guess 'earliest'). I want black/black, so I'm going to order mine I think. I'm not counting on getting it until August.
Yeah I'd be weary of those deadlines... SA isn't known for being timely in general and right now, it seems they're 6+ weeks behind.

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was fortunate and got the last one that was available on the previous shipment, should be here Friday. It has windows which I wouldn't have ordered but I didn't want to wait any longer

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I would be okay with windows if it meant a faster delivery, but I've got to have black on black! shoot, well, I guess I better place my order on RLD USA's website and just wait it out. I waited years for a Jeep Truck, I can go a summer without a canopy! Having it drop shipped to my shipping broker is the best option for me. I just wish the Canadian Dollar wasn't so poor. But that being said, the Canadian distributor of RLD products charges $5500 CDN!

I am also planning on having a rack extend from the base of the canopy. I want to get a RoofNest Condor XL or an iKamper Skycamp, but still be able to open and utilize my soft top. So the hard shell roof top tent will have to extend out the back about a foot and a half. Might look a little silly to some, but it will provide a tiny awning over the tail gate. And eventually a swing out spate tire rear bumper will live in that location and make the dimensions look perfect!

I guess I'm making a Jeep Limo?

Edit: I think I might grab the black with white doors, I could easily paint the doors black!

Last edited:

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Edit: I think I might grab the black with white doors, I could easily paint the doors black!
Yeah, or even better get a vinyl wrap for them. Black vinyl wrap in that dimension is not very expensive. Hope it works out for you!