Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
A couple additional load bar photos:
IMG_20200522_151139.jpg

IMG_20200522_151236.jpg
Also, if you don't mind the questions, what are the height of the ribs of the canopy above the rest of the top?

I'm using these RTT Quick Mounts from Front Runner, but need to manage the clearance of the RTT and my garage door (I use a Smart Garage lift inside to put the tent on and off.)

I guess the more pertinent question (if anyone knows) is how much do the ribs stand proud of the Jeep hardtop?
Sponsored

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Also, if you don't mind the questions, what are the height of the ribs of the canopy above the rest of the top?

I'm using these RTT Quick Mounts from Front Runner, but need to manage the clearance of the RTT and my garage door (I use a Smart Garage lift inside to put the tent on and off.)

I guess the more pertinent question (if anyone knows) is how much do the ribs stand proud of the Jeep hardtop?
I would say 1 3/8"

fullsizeoutput_1317.jpeg

zuhhkKePSg2%qGukg4oItQ.jpg

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it just me or is the canopy disproportionate from the side view?

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request zuhhkKePSg2%qGukg4oItQ

Installed A Frontrunner rack from my JKU to hold the Wolf Packs

I don't think so, but that might just be me :)

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say 1 3/8"

Awesome, thanks! That'll help in my layout and design of my 80/20. I'll post what I come up with here, both to help out others and in hope someone will say "did you think about...?" to keep me from making a big mistake! :)

Sponsored

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Finally installed my canopy today. The fit and finish is great and the lines on the V2 match up perfectly. Even the supplied mounting hardware fit well.
Color match is fairly good.
The load bars in the picture below are the RLD 60", they're spendy for what they are but on my soft top i need the extra height.
Hey westcoastfle. Nice looking rig! I have a question. On your fourth photo, you have taken a picture of the the back of the canopy where it meets the back of the bed. On the corner, the canopy sicks out, maybe 1/8-1/4 an inch. Is that the case? When I had my Gen 1 installed mine was the same. We ended up cutting the long tab at the front of the canopy to move it forward just a bit. Our moving the canopy forward did throw off the front brackets a little bit too. Is yours as far forward as it can go?

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
I have a trip planned for July, not going to have my top by then. I went ahead and welded up a truck rack 6 inche off the bed to support the tent I ordered. I will repurpose the material from the rack once the canopy comes in. Hoping the tops here for some August camping.

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
I have a trip planned for July, not going to have my top by then. I went ahead and welded up a truck rack 6 inche off the bed to support the tent I ordered. I will repurpose the material from the rack once the canopy comes in. Hoping the tops here for some August camping.
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 6D2334A2-4839-4D07-995F-80974082C11C
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 6D2334A2-4839-4D07-995F-80974082C11C
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request AA57DDE9-D443-4D3E-BBA9-6E07222C207E
Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request E2E3DB83-C5C5-4673-AA01-4DBCDC22152B

Sponsored

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I had seriously considered doing the same thing, mine is coming in August and I have several camping trips planned. But we're just going to sleep on the ground, like peasants, lol

What does it look like where that attaches to the trail rail? Maybe I should copy your plans.

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
I can get pics tomorrow, I bent some thick l brackets for the base and mounted them to the bed. However, I had to come up with a good 1/4 inch thick spacers on top the bed between the metal and the plastic rail cover.

Westcoastflea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 6spd
Hey westcoastfle. Nice looking rig! I have a question. On your fourth photo, you have taken a picture of the the back of the canopy where it meets the back of the bed. On the corner, the canopy sicks out, maybe 1/8-1/4 an inch. Is that the case? When I had my Gen 1 installed mine was the same. We ended up cutting the long tab at the front of the canopy to move it forward just a bit. Our moving the canopy forward did throw off the front brackets a little bit too. Is yours as far forward as it can go?
The alignment is spot on for me in the front and rear. If you shift it too much further forward then the rear hatch will be too tight against the tailgate and won't close easily.

As others have noted, the corners of the downward tab can be trimmed, but i didn't find that necessary.

Happy to share more pictures of anyone wants.

Westcoastflea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 6spd
Here are some photos from this weekend. Couple observations:

- my wife and daughter slept inside on a 2 person mattress, we had the tailgate in the 1/2 way down setting and the top vent open. They were comfortable but a bit cold. would be nice to have a way to open the locks from the inside in case of emergency. we ended up setting them down in the closed position and holding the door closed with a bungee.

- there's quite a bit of wind buffeting between the canopy and the back window on the soft top. not sure if it's from the spare tire (temporarily) mounted on the rack or if it's something that's just inherent in that gap.

- the side doors are a game changer for camping, everything in the bed is easily accessible (wish the jeep was a bit lower ;P)

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 1590531410430

Jeep Gladiator RLD designs pic request 1590531541428
Sponsored