Rough Country Hard Low Profile Tonneau

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel 2012 Chevy Avalanche
I picked up a Rough Country (47620500A) Hard Low Profile Bed Cover from FB Marketplace (new in box). The install went well. Many of the videos of install online have different attachment methods, than the one I have, but it is pretty basic install. My issue is that there is a little gap/play on the release at the tailgate. When you pull the cord under the cover, it pulls the pin back to release. However, when closed you can grip the lid and lift it slightly. I have adjusted the rail brackets in case they were causing the rail to tilt up, but no help. The part the pin goes under has no up/down movement. It can only go towards the cab or tailgate.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to tighten the lid up at the tailgate.

Jeep Gladiator Rough Country Hard Low Profile Tonneau IMG_0315
Sponsored

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator,1993 Jeep Wrangler,1967 Camaro
No suggestion. Just following.

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel 2012 Chevy Avalanche
Update: I kept thinking about it and did some searches. What I found was 2 things. (1) When I initially placed it and had not secured it, I did not have the issue. I had also tested water resistance with a bottle of water on the tailgate and it was fine. So I think when the final tightening occurred, it slid back to the cab about a quarter of an inch. (2) The track that is mounted to the side rail at the tailgate appears to angle up as opposed to being flat and parallel to the bed.

I loosened the top and moved it towards the tailgate about a an 1/8 or maybe 1/4 inch (did not measure). I was so concerned about water leak by the cab that I think I had it pushed to far back. I do see a tiny bit of daylight in the corners by the cab, but I will fill in with some weather strip.

The catch for the lid had to be moved back towards the tailgate a bit. The lid now fits better on the tailgate top which has a slight angle downward to the bed. The hinges still had too much play on the drivers side. I gently used a vice grip with a towel to not scratch the track and just bent it down towards the bed and it totally tightened it up.

Maybe the track was bent, or when I tightened it, I caused it to angle up, but it fits much better now. I did not have time to take it to the car wash and test the high pressure, but will report back on it.
Sponsored