Link

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Thanks! Looks like an interesting product. Post some pics if you install one. I am curious the offset from the back of the bed to the first fold-able panel.
Since I'm in D1 with an order date of 11/23, not sure I'll get a chance until December/January.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Since I'm in D1 with an order date of 11/23, not sure I'll get a chance until December/January.
I'm in D1 too. Just piling up the parts for the day the JT finally comes home...

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
How do you like the hard rolling tonneau? Does it seem like it will hold up? Does is seem secure? My only concern is the fabric. I am debating between the hard rolling and the hard tri-fold.

Thanks for any insights.
I have had it about a month and have no complaints. Really like how flush it sits compared to traditional soft fold covers. As always there are compromises. The only draw back to this style is that you cannot leave open just a section if you had a taller item in the rear of the bed but rolling it up all the way is a snap. I did have had a large cooler in the back that was slightly taller than the bed sides and the cover flexed enough to still secure the cover. As far as the fabric is concerned it feels very durable and does not have any signs of premature wearing . I would say security is equal to a tri-fold.

IMG_6677.jpg

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I have had it about a month and have no complaints. Really like how flush it sits compared to traditional soft fold covers. As always there are compromises. The only draw back to this style is that you cannot leave open just a section if you had a taller item in the rear of the bed but rolling it up all the way is a snap. I did have had a large cooler in the back that was slightly taller than the bed sides and the cover flexed enough to still secure the cover. As far as the fabric is concerned it feels very durable and does not have any signs of premature wearing . I would say security is equal to a tri-fold.

IMG_6677.jpg
Great - Thanks for the feedback.

pmh076

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone lifted a hardtop off with the trifold cover? Currently, i just get in the bed, lift it off, set it in the bed and get it out that way, but i feel like the trifold is going to make that 10 times harder (vs no cover or rollup). Wanted to get the groups feedback

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Has anyone lifted a hardtop off with the trifold cover? Currently, i just get in the bed, lift it off, set it in the bed and get it out that way, but i feel like the trifold is going to make that 10 times harder (vs no cover or rollup). Wanted to get the groups feedback
Many of the trifolds have knurl nuts in each corner and will come off in 2 mins or less. Pull the cover, pull the top then put the cover back on.

pmh076

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Many of the trifolds have knurl nuts in each corner and will come off in 2 mins or less. Pull the cover, pull the top then put the cover back on.
Yeah- i had that on my sierra but wouldnt want to do that every time i want to take the top off. Would much rather be able to stand on the fold and take the roof off (if it supports it) or have a roll up that has a much smaller height. I also didnt like that when the trifold is completely up it blocked the back window.

Dak

First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just installed the Undercover Flex cover on mine. I believe it is near identical to the Mopar hard cover with the exception that it has rods to hold all 3 panels in the open position. I had the same cover on my Power Wagon and was happy with it. The new one is even better as it allows you to close the tailgate with the cover closed. The old one I had to lift the cover, close the tailgate and then drop the cover. It was the way the seal worked. But the new one is much better. I like it better than the BakFlip because the rods hold the cover vertical so it does not rest on the back of your cab.
It can be had on Amazon right now for $711.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDYCKF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pictures of it on my JT

If possible, Can Somebody post a non stock picture of the tri fold hard Tonneau cover?
That’s a great price! Looks like Amazon has it for $824 now

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
That’s a great price! Looks like Amazon has it for $824 now
That is a bummer. It was a great price at $711.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I just installed the Undercover Flex cover on mine. I believe it is near identical to the Mopar hard cover with the exception that it has rods to hold all 3 panels in the open position. I had the same cover on my Power Wagon and was happy with it. The new one is even better as it allows you to close the tailgate with the cover closed. The old one I had to lift the cover, close the tailgate and then drop the cover. It was the way the seal worked. But the new one is much better. I like it better than the BakFlip because the rods hold the cover vertical so it does not rest on the back of your cab.
It can be had on Amazon right now for $711.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDYCKF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pictures of it on my JT

If possible, Can Somebody post a non stock picture of the tri fold hard Tonneau cover?
YIKES!
Price went up $112

juniorr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just installed the Undercover Flex cover on mine. I believe it is near identical to the Mopar hard cover with the exception that it has rods to hold all 3 panels in the open position.
Hard covers are the best, for me. It can handle with any situation, no mater what weather would it be. But my friend recommends me to try retractable tonneau cover called Roll-N-Lock LG447M ( one of these: https://truckcoverexpert.com/best-retractable-tonneau-covers/ ), because his experience is the most reliable thing I should rely on, he says.

Last edited:

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
Ordered a Rough Country TriFold from ebay. At the time, it showed 3 sold, 8 available. A day later, the company let me know there would be a "delay in shipping". That was the 17th of Dec. Got an email that it was shipped and hopefully it will be here Saturday.

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
Rough Country tri fold hard cover.

20191228_163003.jpg

Install was pretty straight forward, 3 bolts on each side and install weather striping on the front. Going slowly with the help of a 7 year old, it took about an hour to install and adjust everything. You could probably do it in less than 20 minutes. Removal of the whole cover will take about 1 minute.
Sponsored

Last edited: