Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I only ask because I am interested ...

I have a Mojave with stock 33 inch tires. And the truck comes with 4.10 gearing ...

She is not slow and she is not fast .. She tows ok but always ends up in lower gears ... Fine by me. Transmission doing its job ...

I had originally considered a sport with 3.73 gearing ... But this Mojave fell into my lap so here I am ... Happy by the way ...

But,

On the highway at 70 or 75, in 8th gear my engine is turning around 1800 RPM or so (give or take) .. Pretty low from my perspective. And I know it must be rather low as any slight incline has me downshifting to 7th (unloaded) and occasionally 6th (not often unless towing a few pounds) ... Ive tried keeping her in 8th manually and she does not really seem to care much but I figure that the transmission programmers must have known what they were doing ? I hope so ...

In any event, it seems like 8th gear is a very high overdrive even for 4.10 final gearing ... What is the experience of those with 3.73 gearing ? Are you able to stay in 8th gear much ? Is your RPM much lower than mine is ? Do you find it to be a problem ?

Just wondering what other experiences are ... Mine is fine .. But I cant see where I would want it to be geared to much higher ...
Sponsored

First Name
Dewayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Operations Mgr
I have 3:73 gears and 35” tires. Yes the rpm are to low. Your 1800 I’m 1550-1600 or so. I will be re-gearing to 4:56 in the near future. Should move my rpms to 2100 or so in 8th gear at 70.
i do see 8th gear on flat ground with little to no head wind. I usually lock in 7th gear and it hold there pretty good.