kmac2498

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So the times I've taken my Gladiator off road, I have noticed that when I hit the gas, the engines revs then dies down, then revs again. Its seems to bog if you will. Is this due to a rev limiter? Electrical perhaps. The last time I was out, I put the tranny in Park and revved the engine. I noticed the RPM's would only go to 3000-3500 max. When I 've punched it to get out of a rut, I had good RPM's and good torque, but at a certain point, the engine bogged and I lost all momentum.

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
If it is in Park (an maybe neutral) it will have a rev limiter really low. Probably 3000 or so.

If the traction control or any of that stuff comes into play it will also cut power.

I suspect it is behaving how it is supposed to. I am curious if anyone has away to turn off all that traction/stability control stuff.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If it is in Park (an maybe neutral) it will have a rev limiter really low. Probably 3000 or so.

If the traction control or any of that stuff comes into play it will also cut power.

I suspect it is behaving how it is supposed to. I am curious if anyone has away to turn off all that traction/stability control stuff.
Button on the dash will turn off traction/stability control. If you have a Tazer installed it will remember it and turn it off every time you start.

I just reengaged mine when winter showed up.

OP
OP
kmac2498

kmac2498

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Button on the dash will turn off traction/stability control. If you have a Tazer installed it will remember it and turn it off every time you start.

I just reengaged mine when winter showed up.

I do run a Tazer after my lift and tires. When I have experienced the loss of power, I have had the traction control disabled or was in 4 LO, which disables the TC itself.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Are you experiencing just a hesitation or a clear loss of power lasting a few seconds? Do any other lights come one when it happens? Can you replicate it on pavement in 4HI or 4Lo?

I am not sure on these new JT but the dash button on my JK would only shut off parts of the nanny controls. For example it would allow the rear tires to spin but once it went sideways it would cut engine power. I added a switch to the accelerometer under the glove box and it killed all the nanny saftey BS and turned on every light on the dash possible.

I wonder if the Tazer is not enabling/disabling everything on the diesels.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I do run a Tazer after my lift and tires. When I have experienced the loss of power, I have had the traction control disabled or was in 4 LO, which disables the TC itself.
If you have a Tazer, you can hold down the traction control button for a number of seconds and that will disable all nannys and anti-lock brakes. At this point, you can spin the tires at your hearts content.

Note: After the tire change, without new gears, you might have to use a lower gear than usual for the same torque with the old tires.

OP
OP
kmac2498

kmac2498

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you experiencing just a hesitation or a clear loss of power lasting a few seconds? Do any other lights come one when it happens? Can you replicate it on pavement in 4HI or 4Lo?

I am not sure on these new JT but the dash button on my JK would only shut off parts of the nanny controls. For example it would allow the rear tires to spin but once it went sideways it would cut engine power. I added a switch to the accelerometer under the glove box and it killed all the nanny saftey BS and turned on every light on the dash possible.

I wonder if the Tazer is not enabling/disabling everything on the diesels.
[/

Its only a hesitation. I have only seen it while off road. I haven't tried 4LO on pavement yet

OP
OP
kmac2498

kmac2498

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a Tazer, you can hold down the traction control button for a number of seconds and that will disable all nannys and anti-lock brakes. At this point, you can spin the tires at your hearts content.

Note: After the tire change, without new gears, you might have to use a lower gear than usual for the same torque with the old tires.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that about the Tazer. I will definitely try. I'm running 35's with 410 gears. I purchased the max tow package.

OP
OP
kmac2498

kmac2498

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

hjdca,
I tried holding down the TC button to cancel the "nanny's". I didn't see any indication that they were disabled. Should I see anything eluding to them being disabled or will they simply disable? Thanks for the information.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
hjdca,
I tried holding down the TC button to cancel the "nanny's". I didn't see any indication that they were disabled. Should I see anything eluding to them being disabled or will they simply disable? Thanks for the information.
If you have the Tazer mini, the $330 one, and you hold down the TC button for 7 or 10 seconds or so, the dash will go wild with lights. anti-lock service light comes on, and all traction control, stability lights come on. You cannot miss it. After you are done wheeling like that, you will have to cycle the ignition once or twice to get it all back to normal. In addition, once in a while, you may get an error code for anti-lock brakes, and you can just erase that with the Tazer.

OP
OP
kmac2498

kmac2498

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the Tazer mini, the $330 one, and you hold down the TC button for 7 or 10 seconds or so, the dash will go wild with lights. anti-lock service light comes on, and all traction control, stability lights come on. You cannot miss it. After you are done wheeling like that, you will have to cycle the ignition once or twice to get it all back to normal. In addition, once in a while, you may get an error code for anti-lock brakes, and you can just erase that with the Tazer.
Okay thanks. I have the Tazer lite, the 200 one. I'll try again today after work. Thank you.
Sponsored