Link

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I only added the fronts, still got my Max Tow rears and no you wouldn't mess anything up. Everything else I have other than the 2.5" ReadyLift SST lift kit is stock. Still have the stock Trackbar and control arms. At this point there are only two things I may add, adjustable front track bar and a Fox Steering Stabilizer. Based on how it's riding and driving I don't need either but I just personally want to match the Stabilizer to the shocks and recenter the axle. But it drives and rides awesome as it sits. You should do it.
Cool thinking might use the Rubi Front springs and Rubi take off shocks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I highly doubt Jeep is making spring rates customized to option sets on different models. Different trims sure (rubicon, mojave, sport, etc...) or engine options but having a spring set for every option combination would be a nightmare at the factory and everywhere else
You'd be amazed. I've seen at least three different spring pairs just for the rears in my comparing.
Further, they can pair same numbers differently. Put a 449 on the left with a 450 on the right for one, and a 450 on the left with a 451 on the right for another. There's two different pairs using only three spring numbers. I have parts books for cars going way back and for some there were like 4 pages of springs alone. Yeah, they do it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would be interested to see what the codes on them actually mean. Having that many part numbers is ridiculous
Part numbers, not codes........... it's all computerized, it picks out what goes with what combination.
I should scan and post some of the pages from parts books I have. Dozens of numbers for ONE CAR MODEL and that's the 1970s. They also used different numbers left and right, like Jeep does today. It dates back at least into the 1960s. Engineers have all of this figured, and it's in the computers which prints out the build sheet. No one has to decide or pick them out. Any people on the line are told what to put on - and these days, it's already there for them, they choose nothing.
(my father a long-time UAW member working in a factory when I grew up)

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
A little better picture to show the stance and height now compared to before. Left side is with the Rubicon springs up front and 2.5" ReadyLift installed with and Max Tow Springs in the Rear and Rubicon Fox shocks front and rear. Right side is how it sat before with the Max tow springs front and rear and 2.5" ReadyLift installed. Sitting in the same space you can see the front end is slightly higher and it's more leveled out.

First ride on the I-85 this morning about 25 minute trip one way to inspect one of my buildings and I'm smiling guys, this things riding like a dream.

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon suspension question IMG_2020-08-02_06-14-59.JPG
Sponsored