Rugged / PCI radio options jeep gladiator

mstrav73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Anybody running rugged or pci 2-way car to car radios and if so where did you mount the radio and the antenna? I searched but only see guys doing HAM or CB's but I have these in my sxs and on some trips there will be others running these that I would need to keep in contact with as they may be up in the dunes as I do a work around to get to same place and need the higher power these provide plus none of them run cb's.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
First off steer clear of Rugged as they just got nailed by the FCC for selling radios with public safety and other frequencies preloaded.

I run public safety units in my JT and have a battery wire from the power block run. I ran down the frame rail and into the gromet under the passenger seat. Not sure what your looking to install but if you want a clean run thats the best way. I have antenna on my back rack and A Pillar light mount.

OP
OP

mstrav73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Yea, I have PCI in my X3 and a couple baefong handhelds we use when we travel in our rv’s

I may just get a 12v power tail, longer antenna and figure out a cradle on my 8w handheld and try that on my first trip and see how that goes
Sponsored