Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Subwoofer Upgrade Options (Bazooka's?)

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Set up! Do you still like it? How easy was the install?

Sorry to bring up such an old thread. Do you think you could fit one of these behind the rear seat instead of under?
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bring up such an old thread. Do you think you could fit one of these behind the rear seat instead of under?
NO

6" Zooks are the smallest they have for car audio aplications. The storage space behind the back seats are just too narrow.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Well you answered your own question. I was going to tell you the seat does not go down with an 8 inch. I was in the sMe boat not wanting to mess up the under seat stuff or make a box. Went with the JL audio 6 and kicker sub amp

20200224_220109.jpg

OP
OP
CS Safety

CS Safety

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Safety
Vehicle Showcase
When I origionally planned out the system, I had 8" and 6" at the house. Only 6" will fit. And yes, hardly anything will fit behind the seat without serious modification. However, since I originally set up this system, I have changed the configuration. I am now running a dbl 8" box custom made for Gladiators by MB quart. It bolts in to the existing holes in the floor from your surround or box. It was a definite improvement over the 6" bazookas, which was very surprising to me. The box comes with the subwoofers and goes for around $500. There was no cutting, and you can still fit your jack. (I have mine in a swing toolbox in the bed).

MB Quart MBQJT-SUB-1 Custom underseat enclosure with two 8" subs — fits select Jeep Gladiator vehicles at Crutchfield

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Subwoofer Upgrade Options (Bazooka's?) box floor inserts

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Subwoofer Upgrade Options (Bazooka's?) box installed

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Subwoofer Upgrade Options (Bazooka's?) box underside

OP
OP
CS Safety

CS Safety

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Well you answered your own question. I was going to tell you the seat does not go down with an 8 inch. I was in the sMe boat not wanting to mess up the under seat stuff or make a box. Went with the JL audio 6 and kicker sub amp

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Subwoofer Upgrade Options (Bazooka's?) box underside
You and I are of the same mindset. I try to make everything I do to mine look like it was done at the factory. The MB Quart box I posted about kept me in the same mindset. Looks like it was made for it, (which it was).

Sponsored

sizmtrz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU, 2021 JL Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
DId you guys leave the factory sub connected?

sizmtrz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU, 2021 JL Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I have a pretty good sounding system that looks really good. Can't tell it's there with the seat down!

What sub / amp combo? this is the box I was leaning towards with a Sundown EV3 and a %oo rms Rockford. Thanks

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Currently I am running a fox box with .75” spacer and some spacers for the seat bottom. I run a sundown ssa dcon 10” with 3” voicecoil. I run a 3000w rms soundigital evo amp clamping around 1900w RMS. The sub gets hot fast as there’s no space for the pole vent really. It buzzes the windshield wipers and absolutely slams. I have to balance power with heat and bottoming out.

I’m eventually going to just lift the seat bottom and build a 4x8” box or dual 10” ported with a fiberglass bottom. The tiny box will have low impedance rise but will be peaky. Have to compensate with DSP.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
OK so it sounds like you guys are pretty good thinking outside of the box with these subs. I have 2 RE Audio 12" Subs from my last vehicle. Never got to install them. Really don't want to sell them they are Brand new never used. Just not sure how I could fit them in somewhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Subwoofer Upgrade Options (Bazooka's?) 1644432978671

Here are some specs.

Subwoofer Features:
  • 12" Dual 4 ohm SEX Series Car Subwoofer
  • Power Handling:
    • RMS: 600 watts
  • Impedance: Dual 4 ohm. They could be the 2 ohm but not sure at the moment.
  • Dual composite 2-piece cone
  • 3" 4-Layer voice coil
  • Triple stacked magnets

Recommended Enclosure Type
Ported / Vented
Sealed
Minimum Sealed Box Volume
0.75 cubic feet
Maximum Sealed Box Volume
1.0 cubic feet
Minimum Ported Box Volume
1.5 cubic feet