Running Board Suggestions

PandA.B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Military
Hello! Brand new (I mean BRAND new) to the Jeep family - about three weeks - with a 2021 JT Rubicon in black. I'm in northern Virginia and the crappy weather lately hasn't even allowed me to get a decent photo yet. I'm certainly not new to the truck and/or 4x4 world, but this is my first Jeep, even though I've been intrigued for some time.

I have my tonneau of choice (from prior experience) on order and need to order steps but I'm struggling with the best option for my needs. I'm getting "of an age" where stepping all the way into the floor pan just to get in is a bit difficult. So I need something outside the door to make getting in easier. I'd like that they either work with or seamlessly replace the stock rock rails. I don't need (or want) a drop step nor do I want something so wide I can land aircraft on them. And while I don't plan any extreme off-roading, I do intend to do some moderate off-roading so they need to be durable (for rocks, etc.) and not have overly obtrusive hardware. I know, a long list of particulars.

What suggestions do you all have? I did a quick search for related threads and couldn't seem to find any specifically on this topic.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Oem from Overland would work well, IMO they look good, provide a good step to get in and out and keep the side of the JT clean and chip free.

ritojr

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
I got the Go Rhino rb20 for mine. Not too wide in my opinion. I like that they run the length of the cab and they also do a great job protecting against rocks and any other debris that fly's up. My only complaint is I wish they were a little more flush to the body, but otherwise I have liked them for the time I have had them on.

https://www.carid.com/go-rhino/7-5-...ZrXfYBYCgHdBEkpPrOgVbnGd8cmA0B3caAnSREALw_wcB

OP
OP
PandA.B

PandA.B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Military
I went with the Rock Hard Sliders with the down angle.
Here is a link to the forum discussion: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rock-hard-4x4-sliders.35358/
I really like the minimal appearance and all the reviews I've seen for them are VERY positive. My only concern is, besides the lead time, is they look like they may not give a great platform when wet, etc. What has your experience been? Have you thought about adding any anti-slip tape or anything?

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
GenRight are the best design out there imo. Great step, huge tubes, but you really need to get them welded on. There's a huge shop here that prefers GenRights to anything else. Before welding they double checked with me on the permanent, which was fine. Never had to cut any off they said, they're really perfect. The design hides most of the pinch seam too. Uses .250 tubing where most go with .1875. Some like Rock Hard are down to 0.120" tubing. This also means they are heavy, almost 100lbs each.

Jeep Gladiator Running Board Suggestions 1642013823019

Just Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ME: 2021 JT Mojave, Wife: 2023 JT Mojave
I really like the minimal appearance and all the reviews I've seen for them are VERY positive. My only concern is, besides the lead time, is they look like they may not give a great platform when wet, etc. What has your experience been? Have you thought about adding any anti-slip tape or anything?
I have only had them installed for a couple of days. No rain yet so I canā€˜t speak to wet traction. I do intend on installing traction tape at some point. Iā€™ll wait and see what my wife thinks first on the traction as I donā€™t us them to enter or exit. I want to find a traction solution that is durable and aesthetically pleasing.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
So me personally I prefer a fell length step as opposed to a drop step. I have full lengths currently but they are in the stock form which aren't bad. Hence the reason it's not been on the top of my list thus far (although I may finally get them as my next mod). But I like to be able to step up anywhere on the truck for cleaning purposes or whatever, and not just by the doors. Also typically full length ones hug the body tighter a bit better which doesn't get hung up on as much when off-roading.

With that said I've narrowed down to the Go Rhino RB20's. And they come in two finished which I like. One in a bed liner coating.

6DC94FEB-8CC6-4ABE-B240-8B28B2C35B1E.jpeg