First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Mopar parts have been ordered. Added the steering stabilizer based on recommendations from multiple members on this site (thank you)
  • Mopar - Cat Back Exhaust System Ordered Dec 11 2019
  • S&B Cold Air Intake Ordered Dec 11 2019
  • Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks Ordered Dec 11 2019
  • Mopar Steering Stabilizer Ordered Dec 11 2019
Also changed from the Black Rhino wheels to the Fuel® Off-Road Beast Wheel 18x9 +1 offset Black with dark tint. I love the look/style of the Black Rhino's but the reviews have me freaked out and the FUEL wheels weigh less.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Big day today. Truck is in KZ status and ready to ship. All Mopar parts have been ordered so today tires, wheels, bumpers, winch and steps will get ordered.
Based on feedback from the local 4x4 shop I am working with I have replaced the AMP steps with set from Rock Slide https://rockslideengineering.com/product-tag/jeep-gladiator-jt/

Lesson learned: If you are buying retractible steps make sure you get the switches for when you take the doors off. Minor details :)

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Started the morning off by ordering Carhartt Precision Fit Seat Cover: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Second Row With 40/60-split bench seat with 3 adjustable headrests with center fold-down armrest (BN Carhartt Brown), Fastway Flash 42-00-2600 E Series Adjustable Aluminum Ball Mount with 6 Inch Drop, 2 Inch Shank, and Chrome Plated Balls, Trim-Lok Rubber Tubing Seal – .276” Outside Diameter, .206” Inside Diameter, 25’ Length – Closed Cell EPDM Foam Tubing – to close the gap between the fenders and body, GLISTON 5pcs Auto Trim Removal Tool Car Pry Tool Kit to install welting, and last but not least Rydonair 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
2nd order of the day placed with Joe at Zeus Off Road (Burnsville MN)

ADD STEALTH FIGHTER FULL LENGTH WINCH FRONT BUMPER W/ TOP HOOP w
Baja Designs OnX6, 20in Driving/Combo Light Bar

ADD STEALTH FIGHTER REAR BUMPER w/
Baja Designs Squadron Sport Wide Cornering LED Light, Pair

Rock Slide PowerStep Xtreme -Black Includes OEM style illumination

Warn ZEON 12-S Platinum Winch w/
Hawse Fairlead, Winch Lock, and FlatLink E

Rock Hard 4x4TM Hawse Fairlead License Plate Mount

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
3rd and final order for the day

Discount Tire

QTY 5 Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x11:50x18
Qty 5 Fuel Beast 18x9 +1 offset wheels
Qty 5 TPMS Sensors

Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Final pre delivery order. 1.5" leveling kit for the front. Figuring with the additional weight of the ADD bumper + 12K Warn winch this will net me give or take about an inch. As far as I know still sitting in KZS status. No more goodies will be purchased until I take delivery.....at least that is what I told my better half :)

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you going to put the 37” spare tire?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Better check out Steer Smarts for your steering equipment. You omitted about $1,500 in track bar, drag link, tie rod, steering stabilizer, stabilizer clamp gear.
With a 37" tire, you will want to overbuild your steering system rather than leave it at the present level for 33" tires. Shimmy and death wobble develop when tie rod ends and ball joints wear out. Large tires lead to this.

(Edit) - according to this thread, the upgraded control arms should suffice with larger tires. But, a steering stabilizer is a band aid fix to steering problems if/when they develop.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/death-wobble-know-it-understand-it-fix-it.20968/
It's a good idea to research your steering before the larger tires are bolted on Sunday before your weekly commute on Monday.

Seems that you’re pushing him on the steering gear - I see your concern is him running 37’s but I don’t know that upgrading the steering is an automatic or must-do

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hoping to mount in the stock spare location. I have seen mixed messages on whether or not it will fit without airing it down. I intend on doing 5 tire rotations so this could be interesting.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am holding off on any additional steering components until I have the initial modifications completed. Round 3.0 may very well be Tazer, Yukon 4.88 gears and additional suspension/steering components. I will be looking for the off-road/4x4 shop to advise me on these next steps as it will be a first for me.

Keep the advice coming as the possibilities seem endless.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping to mount in the stock spare location. I have seen mixed messages on whether or not it will fit without airing it down. I intend on doing 5 tire rotations so this could be interesting.
do let me/us know what you find when you try to fit the 37” tire under there. I suspect you’ll, at the very least, need to bend the heat shield back

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am holding off on any additional steering components until I have the initial modifications completed. Round 3.0 may very well be Tazer, Yukon 4.88 gears and additional suspension/steering components. I will be looking for the off-road/4x4 shop to advise me on these next steps as it will be a first for me.

Keep the advice coming as the possibilities seem endless.
Take a look at my steering mod - in my build thread

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
do let me/us know what you find when you try to fit the 37” tire under there. I suspect you’ll, at the very least, need to bend the heat shield back
Will do. Hoping the 11.5" wide will also help as most the post I see are 12.5" to 13.5". Figured if I have to air it down I will carry a small compressor.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Window Sticker 12/31/2019. Still no ETA on when it will be at dealership.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jan 2 2020 Dealership sent me an email and let me know my truck is somewhere in Indiana. ETA is anytime between tomorrow and Jan 13th.
Sponsored