First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Placeholder for my build. Deposit paid and truck order confirmed Nov 21 2019. Now for the wait...tick, tock, tick, tock.

2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Color = Gator
Transmission = manual
Interior = Dark Saddle
Body color hard top and fenders
Mopar Hard Tonneau

Additional parts
  • Mopar - Cat Back Exhaust System Ordered Dec 11 2019
  • S&B Cold Air Intake Ordered Dec 11 2019
  • Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks Ordered Dec 11 2019
  • Mopar Steering Stabilizer Ordered Dec 11 2019
  • Warn – Zeon Platinum 12,000 winch w/ 80ft synthetic rope
  • AMP Research 78135-01A Xtreme Power Step/Running Boards NEW- Replaced AMP steps w/ Rock Slide
  • ADD Front and Rear Bumpers (include Baja Design OnX6 light in front bumper and Baja Design sport white combo for rear)
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler LT285/75R18 E 129/126Q tires NEW - 37x11.50R18LT D 127Q
  • Black Rhino Arsenal 18x8 Wheels NEW Fuel® Off-Road D564189073 Beast Wheel In 18x9 Black with dark tint
  • TAZER Mini
Also sending out for color match bed liner and front window tint (50%)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
First Edit to build - This forum is going to be the death of me. After what my wife calls my on-line love affair with this site I have decided to go 37's vs 35's with the 2" MOPAR lift.

I know this will be harder on my running gear and axles but in reality I am not doing any hard core off roading. The majority of the time I will spend in 4 high/low is driving around our hunting land or when it snows in my neck of the woods.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Better check out Steer Smarts for your steering equipment. You omitted about $1,500 in track bar, drag link, tie rod, steering stabilizer, stabilizer clamp gear.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Better check out Steer Smarts for your steering equipment. You omitted about $1,500 in track bar, drag link, tie rod, steering stabilizer, stabilizer clamp gear.
Thank you for the feedback. I have definitely been trying to figure out steering stabilizer. That said drag link and tie rod's have not been on my radar. Willing to expand upon why I should be thinking about these two items?

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With a 37" tire, you will want to overbuild your steering system rather than leave it at the present level for 33" tires. Shimmy and death wobble develop when tie rod ends and ball joints wear out. Large tires lead to this.

(Edit) - according to this thread, the upgraded control arms should suffice with larger tires. But, a steering stabilizer is a band aid fix to steering problems if/when they develop.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/death-wobble-know-it-understand-it-fix-it.20968/

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
With a 37" tire, you will want to overbuild your steering system rather than leave it at the present level for 33" tires. Shimmy and death wobble develop when tie rod ends and ball joints wear out. Large tires lead to this.

(Edit) - according to this thread, the upgraded control arms should suffice with larger tires. But, a steering stabilizer is a band aid fix to steering problems if/when they develop.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/death-wobble-know-it-understand-it-fix-it.20968/
Thank you for sharing. My wife also appreciates you giving me another thing to research....NOT :)

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for sharing. My wife also appreciates you giving me another thing to research....NOT :)
It's a good idea to research your steering before the larger tires are bolted on Sunday before your weekly commute on Monday.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Looking forward to watching your build! I hadn't considered a 37x11.5x18 tire before, so I'm interested to see how it looks (I'm guessing awesome).

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Parts called yesterday. 2" Mopar Lift and Air Intake have landed.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a good idea to research your steering before the larger tires are bolted on Sunday before your weekly commute on Monday.
You'll be fine on Monday. Based on what you said you'll be doing with the truck I highly doubt you'll need to upgrade the steering. I'd wait until things wear out to upgrade....which quite possibly will be many many years.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Submitted my VON # and contact info via Jeep Chat (https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge) tonight.

VIN Recieved....woot, woot!

Currently sitting in D1 – gateline: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned, Approx. time in station – 12 days.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Update from my dealership this morning. As of this morning your Jeep has a VIN # and is scheduled to come off the production line by Dec 23rd.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
This is a SICK tire size!! Now Nitto needs to do a 35x11.5 in this tire, they do it in the trail grappler...

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is a SICK tire size!! Now Nitto needs to do a 35x11.5 in this tire, they do it in the trail grappler...
I am hoping with the right wheel off set and this tire width I can keep my tires at or near the fender lines. I love how the wide tires look but they suck on our snow and ice roads.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I am hoping with the right wheel off set and this tire width I can keep my tires at or near the fender lines. I love how the wide tires look but they suck on our snow and ice roads.
Had I not already had my 285/75r17’s I would be running your original plan of the 285/75r18’s on the stock overland wheels. I will be very interested to see how your tire/wheel combo works out!
My 34x11.5’s are going to look a little undersized once the JKS lift goes on.
Sponsored