Sponsored

Scored a nice grille for cheap, will it be ok?

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
"Jeep said so" would be good enough for me. They have engineers who design things a certain way for a reason...not just for $h*ts n giggles. The larger slots on the JT grilles were designed to provide additional cooling, especially for towing. The reason the diesel has a lower tow rating than the gas engine is because of cooling issues. You can only make those iconic 7 slots so big. You will probably not have any issues if you are not towing heavier loads in steep terrain. You will most likely not notice any temperature differences in daily driving. But you have, without any doubt, limited your towing capabilities by installing a JL grille. Jeep will have every right to refuse warranty claims resulting from any issues related to overheating, whether towing or not.
yeah, but I wonder if they really actually tested or, or just do it because its a JT and is different? Id love to see an actual test showing that it makes such a big difference on the temps. I do agree with you though that its probably the best route and makes sense, but I mean the engineers arent all the smartest. Have you seen the screws they used to hold the back of the plastic covers to the back of the front bumpers on a sport? They dont even thread in correctly into attaching points. Most stupid thing I have ever seen, yet an "engineer" thought it would be best.
Sponsored

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Welp a year later and temps still havent increased or made a difference.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Did the same and noticed no higher temps. I’ve also seen a LOT of JTs (and Wranglers) with the decorative grill inserts that have tiny little holes in them. If air restriction were an issue, those bad boys would have definitely made the issue known.
Jeep Gladiator Scored a nice grille for cheap, will it be ok? 79BDF5C0-C709-41DD-B81F-D61944BD4F3C

Sponsored

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I've never owned a blue vehicle, your blue Glad looks schweeeeeet!