First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
photographer
I have a 2021 Gladiator Mojave. I’m not happy at all with the leather seat quality. My back seats have leather pucker bad. The only person that sits in the back seat is my 50lb daughter. Took to the dealership last week and just got a call saying Jeep denied claim to fix saying it was normal.
Have any of you dealt with this? Any suggestions on next step?

Jeep Gladiator Seat Pucker on leather seats image
Jeep Gladiator Seat Pucker on leather seats image
Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Yup. Leather stretches. And pretty sure most synthetics do, too. Or at least the backing gets broke in. I've never had leather/pleather seats look tight like in the brochures.

centra28

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
It may just be me, but I am not seeing anything wrong with your seats. I don't have any issues with mine, but I also understand that it is not top quality leather. I use the Lexol leather cleaner and condition on my seats regularly. Maybe that helps.

OP
OP
dickeldan

dickeldan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
photographer
Yup. Leather stretches. And pretty sure most synthetics do, too. Or at least the backing gets broke in. I've never had leather/pleather seats look tight like in the brochures.
I’ve had leather before and had in my F150 before this and never had them look like this.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Interesting. The black leather in my 21 Mojave is much tighter than that, and the back seats get used regularly by my teenage kids. I did notice that the leather seemed to stretch a little when I was back there kneeling on the seats while working on my soundbar speaker installation, but it 'shrunk' back after a few days.

I would try an auto upholstery shop and see if they can steam the leather to smooth it out.

Sponsored

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
My drivers seat is doing the same thing ! Driving me nuts .

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
I would try an auto upholstery shop and see if they can steam the leather to smooth it out.
If it's cold outside, the leather they use won't bounce back to original. Not sure if the OP is living in winter conditions right now but we've noticed this happening for years with the leather seats. During the more frigid months, they tend to be a bit rumpled even coming off the line and sitting in the ship lots for a couple days.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Mine has a little of that but when it’s warm it goes away and the seat needs to have a little more to handle the fat asses sitting in it so it doesn’t bother me or look to be an issue
Sponsored