First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Just installed these in my Gladiator and wife's Wrangler, hell of an improvement over factory audio. Straight forward simple install

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm curious about these. I am definitely NOT an audiophile - I stay listen to sports talk but the one and only - so far- 250 mile trip we took recently it was hard to hear the radio over ambient noise. I wonder if this would improve that? I don't need volume so much as definition. Probably has more to do with me starting to lose some hearing in one ear. "The only thing worse than growing old is the only alternative"

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ordered them and should be here tomorrow; will post and update

ritojr

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Ordered them and should be here tomorrow; will post and update
Sorry to dig up an old thread, did you ever do this? Debating on doing this as well but not a lot of info out there

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'd forgotten I posted to this thread. I', curious too as to whether he installed these and the outcome.

The Quadratec listing says, "Unlike other kits, Select Increments does not require cutting of the factory sound bar." Then down below under Installation Difficulty it cautions, "Pods Require Cutting/Drilling to Accommodate Component Speakers" So which is it?

I'm GUESSING the 6.5" speakers fit as is but the 6.75" speakers require some cutting?

Also, all the options show temporarily out of stock!

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
The limitations of those pods is the magnet size of the 6.5 you want to install because he magnet will intrude into the space left by removing the 4" speaker. I am using a set of those with a JL C2-650 and it is a tight fit.

MainePure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
I'd forgotten I posted to this thread. I', curious too as to whether he installed these and the outcome.

The Quadratec listing says, "Unlike other kits, Select Increments does not require cutting of the factory sound bar." Then down below under Installation Difficulty it cautions, "Pods Require Cutting/Drilling to Accommodate Component Speakers" So which is it?

I'm GUESSING the 6.5" speakers fit as is but the 6.75" speakers require some cutting?

Also, all the options show temporarily out of stock!
I think it means you'd need to cut the hole for a separate 1" tweeter if you are using component speakers vs a two or three way speaker.

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
I think it means you'd need to cut the hole for a separate 1" tweeter if you are using component speakers vs a two or three way speaker.
This. I have them and the only cutting was for the tweeter.

Sponsored

RockinRobin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
The limitations of those pods is the magnet size of the 6.5 you want to install because he magnet will intrude into the space left by removing the 4" speaker. I am using a set of those with a JL C2-650 and it is a tight fit.
Agreed just installed MQ Quart PS1-216 had to cut soundbar to fit.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Can component speakers still be used with base audio (no alpine) so long as the included crossovers are used? The way select increments describes, sound like like a no...

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Can component speakers still be used with base audio (no alpine) so long as the included crossovers are used? The way select increments describes, sound like like a no...
This is kind of a late reply- but... hopefully better late than never.

There is nothing that would stop using new/aftermarket component speakers, utilizing the new component speakers' crossovers, with the Select Increments pods, in a non-Alpine system.

The stock non-Alpine system basically has a single audio power channel to each side of the soundbar, and the OEM "tweeter"(with a built in capacitor as a crude high pass crossover) is paralleled with the OEM 4" "woofer"

So if you connect 2-way components with a crossover in, in a Select Increments pod, you are basically achieving the same thing.

There isn't a heck of a lot of space "above" the Select Increments pods unless you carve into the stock plastic molded soundbar - this limits your choice of woofer (something with a not-huge magnet and something that is kind of shallow-backed) and it also limits your space to fit in a crossover. If you are going to carve into the stock plastic soundbar, you may want to consider just getting a 6x9 adapter (which necessitates carving into the soundbar)

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This is kind of a late reply- but... hopefully better late than never.

There is nothing that would stop using new/aftermarket component speakers, utilizing the new component speakers' crossovers, with the Select Increments pods, in a non-Alpine system.

The stock non-Alpine system basically has a single audio power channel to each side of the soundbar, and the OEM "tweeter"(with a built in capacitor as a crude high pass crossover) is paralleled with the OEM 4" "woofer"

So if you connect 2-way components with a crossover in, in a Select Increments pod, you are basically achieving the same thing.

There isn't a heck of a lot of space "above" the Select Increments pods unless you carve into the stock plastic molded soundbar - this limits your choice of woofer (something with a not-huge magnet and something that is kind of shallow-backed) and it also limits your space to fit in a crossover. If you are going to carve into the stock plastic soundbar, you may want to consider just getting a 6x9 adapter (which necessitates carving into the soundbar)
Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the the pod kit for alpine stereo, since it comes with both sets of harnesses (used 3.5" harness up front and 4" for pods). Got a pair of jbl club 322f for dash and 602c components for pods via Amazon... waaay better pricing vs crutch (99 vs 210 for components!). Both sets of speakers went in no problem, no cutting. Crossover box fit nicely after oe speakers removed. And the sound is MUCH better now, especially with Phoenix automotive 12.1" android head unit. Much more bass with good clean sound and extra volume
Holding off on subs it's that good for now. This setup is perfect for most, unless ur an audiofile.
Jeep Gladiator Select Increments Pods 20221205_233408
Jeep Gladiator Select Increments Pods 20221205_233422

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Glad that worked well!! - I have a set of pods and some Focal components to go in ... got sidelined with work schedule and other things that kind of pushed everything to the back burner
Sponsored