First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator North Overland
Occupation
sales
I have a 2020 Gladiator that I let sit for about 8 days. When I went to use it the truck would not start. I could hear a click when I pressed the start button but nothing would happen. At this point, I went and got a new main battery and replaced it. The truck started but now I have new issues. It will not go into gear. I am getting two messages and the check engine light. Service Shifter and Stop/Start Unavailable Service Start/Stop System. I just got it towed in for service. The tow driver said that he has just seen the same issue on many Gladiators in the last month or so. This is why he new where the release was to put the transmission into neutral. Any thoughts or has anyone experienced this after a low or dead battery issue?
Sponsored

Mike1965

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Irrigation
Interesting. I have a 2020 Gladiator that I just had to redo the front end due to a death wobble. Where did the tow service tech go to get access to put the Gladiator in neutral?

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Interesting. I have a 2020 Gladiator that I just had to redo the front end due to a death wobble. Where did the tow service tech go to get access to put the Gladiator in neutral?

Mike1965

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Irrigation
I bought mine used with 29000 miles and I have noticed that access door has been opened before. Thx.

OP
OP

gobigladi

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
sales
So, I have an update on this thread. The reserve battery was dead and that was causing the strange issues. They replaced it under warranty, and all has been working well since. Just wanted to share incase anyone else is having strange issues like this.

Sponsored

Ben06

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 02 TJ
Occupation
Agricultural Automation
I had an issue like this after a recent snow storm. After driving about 20 miles on roads covered in slush when I went to put my truck into park it would shut off and the truck was stuck on accessory with the service shifter/transmission light on. After a lot of searching I decided to look underneath and found the whole transmission tunnel to be packed with slush. I cleared that out and the issue went away. It seems that may have been causing some sort of short in the park/neutral switch that caused the truck to not know what gear it was in.

OP
OP

gobigladi

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
sales
Good that you were able to clear it yourself.
Sponsored