Service start/stop first day of ownership

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Brand new gladiator and service start stop indicator on dash. Anyone else get this?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Brand new gladiator and service start stop indicator on dash. Anyone else get this?
How long did it sit on the lot (manufacture date)? This is usually from a discharged or defective ESS battery (the small one mounted under the fuse box). If you take it back to the dealer, and they say the issue is from a bad battery, make sure both batteries get replaced.

chippera

First Name
LB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just got a new gladiator overland and it's not working on day 3.

It had 100 miles on it out of the dealership. I drove it home (100 miles) and all was great. Next day drove it and it was great.

Then the third day I got a message when I turned it on "Stop/Start Unavailable Service Start Stop." When I tried to move the car it would move maybe a foot and then seize up. It also said something at one point about me needing to put it in Park but that didn't help either.

Also one other odd thing, I think other people said that their auto/stop start is automatic. From the time I test drove it until I took it home this feature was never engaged, it just drove like a normal truck.

Anyway now it's just sitting in the driveway and the dealer is coming to tow it back. Day 4 of brand new 50K+ truck. Really worried I got a lemon. Did this resolve for others or is it just a sign of more problems to come?

IMG_7266.jpeg

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a new gladiator overland and it's not working on day 3.

It had 100 miles on it out of the dealership. I drove it home (100 miles) and all was great. Next day drove it and it was great.

Then the third day I got a message when I turned it on "Stop/Start Unavailable Service Start Stop." When I tried to move the car it would move maybe a foot and then seize up. It also said something at one point about me needing to put it in Park but that didn't help either.

Also one other odd thing, I think other people said that their auto/stop start is automatic. From the time I test drove it until I took it home this feature was never engaged, it just drove like a normal truck.

Anyway now it's just sitting in the driveway and the dealer is coming to tow it back. Day 4 of brand new 50K+ truck. Really worried I got a lemon. Did this resolve for others or is it just a sign of more problems to come?

IMG_7266.jpeg
The Service Issue is likely from a defective ESS battery. Make sure they change both batteries under warranty.

The ESS system is automatic and active every time the vehicle is started. There is a disable button to temporarily turn it off. There are several conditions that keep it from functioning, like temperature too high or low, discharged battery, and seat belt not buckled.

It has an Autopark feature to keep you from running over yourself. If the door is not shut tight, the truck won't move unless the seat belt is buckled.
Sponsored