Sponsored

Side steps/rails etc. what are you all runnin ?

Tator

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
N-FAB
Ordered them from Quadratec.com
Took about a week to arrive.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Ruough County drop steps. They are nice. But have their issues. Obviously they shouldn't make contact with the body, but the gap between the rails and the body on the passenger side is too much, compared to the drivers side. I can fit my fingers to the first knuckle in between at several places. Mostly in between the steps at the middle. Tried adjusting it by loosening the bolts and pushing it back , but it wont go back any further. The drivers side is picture perfect. Can barely fit my finger tips between it. It's a small problem most people would never notice. My dad didn't notice, but I notice it, and so it bothers me. I expect perfection. Also could have had better instructions.
20200919_155646.jpg
20200919_155632.jpg
20200921_191517.jpg
Have the same ones and agree %100.

Instructions were pretty poor, and fitment is not that clean (when you're looking at it) except to other people who say it looks fine.

Looking for Amp ones now..

Knights527

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Finance
Are there any other trucks that have side steps or boards that fit the JT? Been looking for used ones but not a ton of JTs in my area selling.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Running @ACE Engineering with factory rails. Strong and tough. Decent step. Very happy with these. Hold up gear on the trails.

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Ruough County drop steps. They are nice. But have their issues. Obviously they shouldn't make contact with the body, but the gap between the rails and the body on the passenger side is too much, compared to the drivers side. I can fit my fingers to the first knuckle in between at several places. Mostly in between the steps at the middle. Tried adjusting it by loosening the bolts and pushing it back , but it wont go back any further. The drivers side is picture perfect. Can barely fit my finger tips between it. It's a small problem most people would never notice. My dad didn't notice, but I notice it, and so it bothers me. I expect perfection. Also could have had better instructions.
I have these too. Fitment on mine are actually decent. But my problem now is mainly rust, primarily on the welds for the steps. We'll see how long they make it through a couple Minnesota winters...

OP
OP
DaddyG

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any other trucks that have side steps or boards that fit the JT? Been looking for used ones but not a ton of JTs in my area selling.

I'm gonna go with Rock Hard Patriot Series sliders.....they look like they cover 90% of the pinch weld, come in either up or down angled rails, and are supposed to be extremely well made. They don't offer much in the way of a "step", but they seem to check off most of the other boxes I was hoping for.
My second choice was the N-Fab Podium series, for most of the same reasons.
Unfortunately for me, I really like the triple tube look.... but I haven't seen one that covers the pinch weld which is important to me, and most of them seem to be from manufacturers that I've never heard of

O|||||O

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'll second the Ace Engineering rails. They're definitely more slider than step, but you can get your foot on them. They work really well for what they're designed for though, and they've handled the abuse I've thrown at them exceptionally. Also, since they fit over the Rubicon rock rails the pinch seems stay hidden.

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? JPEG_20200604_042213

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I’m running the go rhino dominator d6 running boards
Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? JPEG_20200604_042213
any pics of the underside and mounting? I'm really liking the look of these or the DSS rails/steps but would like to see the underside protection and mounting of them

Kball

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Regional merchandise manager
Went with Rock Hard down-angled sliders. Work great as steps as well.

I used N FAB from Quadritrac, it took about 45 Min to take stock rock guards off, and put these on. Regards

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? 1602167626375

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the N-FAB J1980T steps. Look great on my Gladiator. Installed in less than 30 minutes.

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? 1602167626375
I am looking at these as well. I see reviews that say the front of the tube is not closed off and lets mud, salt, debris on the inside of the tube? Is that correct?
Thanks

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Hey, yes that is true. The tubes are open front & rear. I am debating whether or not to seal them. At this point I'm not overly concerned with it. Work has had me to busy. I dont think you would be disappointed with these. As with all other options, all have their pros and cons. Plus in this community, there i
I am looking at these as well. I see reviews that say the front of the tube is not closed off and lets mud, salt, debris on the inside of the tube? Is that correct?
Thanks
s a fix for almost anything. Anything else I can answer, just ask.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, yes that is true. The tubes are open front & rear. I am debating whether or not to seal them. At this point I'm not overly concerned with it. Work has had me to busy. I dont think you would be disappointed with these. As with all other options, all have their pros and cons. Plus in this community, there i
s a fix for almost anything. Anything else I can answer, just ask.
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. Maybe even a thick cardboard cut out in a circle pushed a inch or 2 in and shoot it with expandable foam?

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. Maybe even a thick cardboard cut out in a circle pushed a inch or 2 in and shoot it with expandable foam?
That is an idea I've pondered. Again, not an issue for me right now. Down the road a few months maybe. Once I decide on something (or not) I'll let you know.

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
DV8 SRGL-02. Love em I’m too tall for steps as I bang my shins on them. Just enough of a step for my wife. Good spot to hang your foot with the doors off.

44034331-E7B7-464D-8B5D-FFDBF0A53F7F.png
Sponsored