Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Talk to me about the subject.

I'm looking for a small lift, with actual gains of 2" maximum. I would like to completely upgrade the stock components and I've been eyeing Clayton's offering for that. As far as shocks, I'd eventually like to upgrade to a custom set of 0"-2" Kings once the budget allows. In the meantime, I'll keep using the stock Rubi shocks. As far as the actual height gain though, I would prefer a quality spring replacement, and not a spacer lift, but most of the lifts I've seen start at an advertised 2.5", while actually netting closer to 3" of lift.

The only thing I've seen that *might* fit the bill, is to use a set of the Mopar lift springs, but I'm not sure on their quality. I've looked around and haven't come across anything else for the JT that accomplishes what I want. I'm still fairly new to this platform and my prerequisites may be a bit unreasonable, I'm not sure, but I was hoping someone may know something.

My reasoning for staying small is to keep a low center of gravity, maintain road manners, and not make my 35s look super tiny (had to toss some aesthetics in there somewhere). I want to maximize the functionality of my 35s and eliminate the majority of rubbing that I'd see in high-flex scenarios off road.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If your adding a winch and steel bumper on the front, that 2.5” really is more like a 2” lift once everything settles. Just something to think about. :like:

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If your adding a winch and steel bumper on the front, that 2.5” really is more like a 2” lift once everything settles. Just something to think about. :like:
That's a fair point. I already have steel front and rear bumpers, with winches coming for both of them. As of right now, I'm sitting at 40" from the ground to the bottoms of the fenders on all four corners.

If I could find a *true* 2" - 2.5" kit, that may fit the bill. But it seems like most manufacturers with 2.5" kits actually net more than that. If I recall, I believe Clayton said their 2.5" springs actually get closer to 3.5" of lift. I could be misremembering, without digging through the email chain.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a fair point. I already have steel front and rear bumpers, with winches coming for both of them. As of right now, I'm sitting at 40" from the ground to the bottoms of the fenders on all four corners.

If I could find a *true* 2" - 2.5" kit, that may fit the bill. But it seems like most manufacturers with 2.5" kits actually net more than that. If I recall, I believe Clayton said their 2.5" springs actually get closer to 3.5" of lift. I could be misremembering, without digging through the email chain.
I think Evo Manufacturing makes a true 2.5” kit... Check with them.

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
If you look up synergy front springs they sell just front spring sets for the JT. One that is meant to give 1 inch of lift and another to give 2 inches of lift. No sure if you wanted to piece together something since most kits overall seem to give a little over advertised lift height.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you look up synergy front springs they sell just front spring sets for the JT. One that is meant to give 1 inch of lift and another to give 2 inches of lift. No sure if you wanted to piece together something since most kits overall seem to give a little over advertised lift height.
I looked in to those, but didn't seen an option for matching rear springs. I've heard nothing but good things about Synergy, and eventually plan on installing some of their parts anyway, so I may dig a bit deeper and see if they have something in the works. If they had 1" front and rear springs though that'd be perfect I think. That, combined with a Clayton kit would be a solid option I think.

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I looked in to those, but didn't seen an option for matching rear springs. I've heard nothing but good things about Synergy, and eventually plan on installing some of their parts anyway, so I may dig a bit deeper and see if they have something in the works. If they had 1" front and rear springs though that'd be perfect I think. That, combined with a Clayton kit would be a solid option I think.
I didn't see anything for a rear spring. Closest is a spacer for the rear I would guess. Might be harder to do but if you can find someone running a kit or find a kit that advertises their rear spring height that would be equivalent to what you want and just order the rear springs from that kit if that makes sense !?!

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see anything for a rear spring. Closest is a spacer for the rear I would guess. Might be harder to do but if you can find someone running a kit or find a kit that advertises their rear spring height that would be equivalent to what you want and just order the rear springs from that kit if that makes sense !?!
Yeah, that does make sense. I'm sure if I reach out to the manufacturer, they could get me a separate price quote.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
From what I’ve gathered with my lift research is that most lift heights are the size of the rear lift. The front will usually be an inch higher. For example, Clayton 2.5 is 3.5 up front and 2.5 in rear. The taller front compensates for the rake. Some lifts, like Rubicon Express, call their lifts 2.5/3.5. 2.5 front and 3.5 rear. Again, this compensates for rake. Mopar 2 inch is 2 inches front and rear to keep rake. Same for AEV coils spacer lift. 2 inches front and rear. Maybe that helps with some confusion.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
From what I’ve gathered with my lift research is that most lift heights are the size of the rear lift. The front will usually be an inch higher. For example, Clayton 2.5 is 3.5 up front and 2.5 in rear. The taller front compensates for the rake. Some lifts, like Rubicon Express, call their lifts 2.5/3.5. 2.5 front and 3.5 rear. Again, this compensates for rake. Mopar 2 inch is 2 inches front and rear to keep rake. Same for AEV coils spacer lift. 2 inches front and rear. Maybe that helps with some confusion.
Exactly, the front springs are technically taller, but the rear of the vehicle actually sits slightly higher to achieve a slight factory-like rake.

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Not bashing, from my research, ur info is mostly incorrect. Rubi express is 2.5 for rubi 3.5 for sport/overland. Skyjacker even advertises front vs rear lift (example 2.5 front, 1 rear). Most manufacturers display the front lift. Some just don't advertise enough info. As for raising higher than stated, I have seen examples verifying with a couple of lifts (RC 3.5, actual 4-4.5). There could be other variables that weren't disclosed as well. Only 2 things OP can do: wait for someone do put on a lift ur looking at; or be the guinea pig urself. I'm still researching myself between 2.5 and 3.5 lifts for myself. Like OP, I only want to run 35s and follow his/her thought process on the matter. If I'm not correct tho, please do correct me.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Synergy has both front coil (8863) and rear coil (8864) spring kits. you can order them in 1" increments from 1" to 4" -- The front springs come with custom isolators, while the rear re-use the factory isolators.

I'm going with the Synergy 2" coils up front w/ the mopar lift kit lower control arms and sway bar links plus Rubicon Express shock extenders. In the rear I went with a .75" daystar spacer and rubicon springs, because I wanted to get rid of the rake on my base Sport.

Last edited:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Synergy has both front coil (8863) and rear coil (8864) spring kits. you can order them in 1" increments from 1" to 4" -- The front springs come with custom isolators, while the rear re-use the factory isolators.

I am running the Synergy 2" coils up front w/ the mopar lift kit lower control arms and sway bar links plus Rubicon Express shock extenders. In the rear I went with a .75" daystar spacer and rubicon springs, because I wanted to get rid of the rake on my base Sport.
Synergy's JT rear springs aren't out yet, but I've also been eyeing Synergy's front springs for mine. How much lift did you net on the front of your Sport with the 2" springs?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to a guy at EVO yesterday and he said their 2.5” lifts are 2.5” for both front & rear.