Smittybilt xrc gen3 12k

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I just ordered a smittybilt xrc gen3 12k from 4wp. I have the rubicon steal bumper from factory. Does anyone know what winch plate is best for this?
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Same setup. I went with the Mopar plate beacuase it’s really more of a box, and has extra mounting points to the frame and bumper.

It was very tight and I needed to do some grinding on the plate to make it work. When I say tight, I mean I’m lucky that I have a couple buddies with a body shop, and that those two buddies could give any NFL Defensive End a run for their money in terms of size and strength. Now that it’s attached, I think I could probably lower the truck off the side of a cliff, and it would repel fine.

the tightness was between the front of the grill and the winch. I almost suspect that it was machined wrong, because the winch has a pretty standard footprint that is shared with the warn platinum that Mopar rebrands.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Btw, I think it’s the best winch on the market right now. You’ll love it. Make sure you check the controller’s insulation on the chord. Mind detached from the controller and the plug, and I had to get smittybilt to send a new one three times before I got a good one.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have the warn winch plate for my smittybuilt x20 12k. I like that the front beauty plate also integrates a front license plate holder. ( unfortunately I have to use that here in Colorado)

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the warn winch plate for my smittybuilt x20 12k. I like that the front beauty plate also integrates a front license plate holder. ( unfortunately I have to use that here in Colorado)
Same have to have front plate in md as well….. I’m going between the warm and grim off-road right now.
Sponsored