Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mine locked in my JKU, both center console and glove box, when I bought my JT I just assumed they would lock also and they do.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I thought the center console locked with the the doors and tailgate when you locked the vehicle? I have never checked...just assumed.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
It's on the top of both rear seats, not just the driver's side.
Thought that would be too much info at one time. Wish that they had a manual that described all of these features.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I thought the center console locked with the the doors and tailgate when you locked the vehicle? I have never checked...just assumed.
Incorrect, it is a manual lock just like your glove box and rear seats.

@Roguesalt People complain about locking storage yes, but also SECURE locking storage. If you look at the center console locking mechanism it's a small plastic tab so not exactly secure. I installed a console vault to store my gun/wallet/glasses/phone if/when I'm at the gym (like right now, lockers are closed so I HAVE to keep my stuff in my truck).

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
yeah, but then how could they justify selling the cargo package upgrade which actually has locking storage under the rear seats? I went with the cargo group for the rails and 110v but there are people out there selling the locking under rear seat storage and you can find some good deals on them.

So true, one of the main reasons I went with that package, worth it though since I roll doorless so often. I thought the rails and outlet would be cool. Have used the outlet twice, and the rails are holding the latches for my cover, never to be used for their intended purpose.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you asking about the 'other' lock...here it is. Top of back seat....it locks the pull strap....

IMG_3144.JPG

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those of you asking about the 'other' lock...here it is. Top of back seat....it locks the pull strap....

Jeep Gladiator So i was 1 day old today IMG_3144.JPG
The passanger side rear seat lock is especially useful for keeping your bluetooth speaker safe from anyone trying to mess with it (if equipped). There is a small storage cubby behind the driver's back seat that may hold something of value that is nice to be able to lock up too.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
The passanger side rear seat lock is especially useful for keeping your bluetooth speaker safe from anyone trying to mess with it (if equipped). There is a small storage cubby behind the driver's back seat that may hold something of value that is nice to be able to lock up too.
For so few times I've used my BT speaker I'd trade that and the subwoofer for more lockable space for other things (like a rifle) back there. I don't have the lockable seat bench -- wish I had that, as well.

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
An owners manual is a terrible thing to waste!

Half kidding as it is like reading the dictionary, better to just look up what you need.
I read the dictionary yesterday. I learned next to nothing.

:LOL:

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For so few times I've used my BT speaker I'd trade that and the subwoofer for more lockable space for other things (like a rifle) back there. I don't have the lockable seat bench -- wish I had that, as well.
I've used it a few times. I can see where it may be useful when out and about with friends. There is also a whole slew of connectors back there behind your speaker as well. Lift up the little rubber plug next time you're back there and take a peak. Also, I love the sub and wouldn't trade that thing, though I would love more storage space ;)

@AggieJeep Then try the Urban Dictionary, I bet you learn a hell of a lot from that lol.
Sponsored