So there i was at Pismo

Cripton805

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I live 5 mins from the dunes. About 10 mins from Oceano / Pismo.

Any other locals?
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I mean what does that or your other post have anything to do with being able to drive on the beach and dunes?
In one of your replies you stated that local government has to take things away from people when they abuse their freedoms and I believe you're correct. That's basically what you said and it was your explanation as to why this beach area was going to be closed to vehicles. If we applied that same logic to the penalties handed down to those who infect uknowing people with HIV etc, would we increase or decrease the penalty? If crimes like robbery and vandalism are on the rise would you increase or decrease penalties for those crimes?

T Ray

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
retired mechanic
Pismo/ Oceano has sure changed from when I used to spend all summer long at my grandparents home in Grover City ( now Grover Beach ). This was back in the mid 50's to late 60's .Can't say it's for the better, people could always drive on the beach but not the dunes. The dunes had a lot of vegetation and wildlife and most people then respected the habitat, now it's like a wild drunken party every weekend and all summer, sad. I guess now it's " hooray for me and f--k you" ?

paloaltan

First Name
Young
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Architect
After a week of owning it, I took the High Altitude on a road trip down to Santa Barbara for Christmas. Here's a shot a Pismo Beach. That sign wasn't there when I went to school in SLO, and my kids loved the new little playground which includes a concrete slide from pier level down to the beach.

Jeep Gladiator So there i was at Pismo IMG_0156

I got 18 mpg on the way down, and 21 mpg on the way up. Probably not the best way to break in the engine, but I did try to vary the rpm's and speed when I could. I love this car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
thats how i broke mine in...wheeling and the highway

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Oceano is the sole place.

I am sure some tree huggers are trying to ban it.
Ain't nothing wrong with hugging trees. We are all stewards of the land. If we abuse it......all of it will go away along with what we love to do. Pack it in pack it out. Leave it better than you found it.

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Ain't nothing wrong with hugging trees. We are all stewards of the land. If we abuse it......all of it will go away along with what we love to do. Pack it in pack it out. Leave it better than you found it.
you know 80 percent of us joined tread lightly......... yet i bet 30 percent of those dont... unfortunately
Sponsored