Sponsored

soft top question / issue - bungee strap

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Nice find
Too bad it doesn't show you him trying to roll it up and cursing it out
Exactly...I would like a nice place to store that window without scratching it but have not found it yet...so literally putting it in the cardboard box it shipped with when it’s not installed
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly...I would like a nice place to store that window without scratching it but have not found it yet...so literally putting it in the cardboard box it shipped with when it’s not installed
I have the window storage bag, which isn’t cheap, but hold the window and the corners as well.

OP
OP

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
I just put mine on a blanket in the bed right now. Weather isn’t predictable enough yet.

I bought some straps for a Wrangler and they’re shorter than the factory ones. I think they might work, just have to see.

Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap 8141B902-EC3D-461F-A88D-52D0BA4E1333

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I took the straps off the JK and tried them on the Gladiator today. It works ok and visibility out the back is fine. You can't really roll up the window like you can with the JK but it is out of the way and people can sit in the back fine.

Normally I just put the window on the floor of the back but if you need passengers with the top down is does fit under the seat. I use a packing blanket that got to cover the tailgate when I am carrying bikes. The blanket fits the window fine although I don't bother with the blanket unless plan to put it under the seat and I rarely drive with the top down and people in the back.

Honestly securing the window with the straps is more difficult than just tucking it under the seat. I have never considered putting it in the bed of the truck, I would be afraid it would blow out.

Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap Window1

Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap Window2

Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap Window3

OP
OP

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
I have a roll up bed cover so, mines secure. I wouldn't just through it back there, but I have back seat passengers and can't put in the cab.

used the straps several times this week and they worked, didn't go flying. they are harder to use because of the length, but we're only $9 so I can't complain too much...

I just realized how awful that pic is, I'll snap another one.

Sponsored

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
the back window will roll without an issue then the straps hold it in place but honestly its a huge pain. i actually took a piece of 2" pvc pipe and that helps to roll the window the window will roll both the long way and the short way FYI without any damage.

also as far as the loose top i got 2 pieces of velcro and just wrap them around the entire top when its open and that helps tremendously with the flapping in the wind. its the type of velcro you would use on home stereo or computer cables. it was cheap and works great

Ray F.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
I see the roll up option as economical solution to necessary storage, however, I’d recommend the bag. I’ve found that rolling up plastic windows tends to cause premature clouding. I won’t even wipe them with a cloth. :whew:

Mine stays on unless it comes off at the house. Then, it gets hung in the garage.
Sponsored