Sponsored

Softopper in gray with Sting Gray

D57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 2015 JK
I have been going back and forth about a gray softopper for my Sting Gray JTR. It has the painted HT and flares, so I am curious if anyone has this color combo? Black is the safe bet, but the gray might be perfect. Anyone?
Sponsored

Reddog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Army. Retired Construction Manager / Contracting Officer
I have been going back and forth about a gray softopper for my Sting Gray JTR. It has the painted HT and flares, so I am curious if anyone has this color combo? Black is the safe bet, but the gray might be perfect. Anyone?
I have had two of those tops, both black. I would never get the grey ones. Nothing wrong with them but like the black ones, they can become stained by some soils with iron oxide in them. Both my tops were used extensively in central Oregon where the dust offroad has iron and other minerals from heavily volcanic soils in it and it eventually wouldn't come out of the top, primarily on the rear panel. So before choosing, think about where you are going to be getting it dirty and how often you wash it. If it doesn't matter to you, both colors are fine I guess but black goes with everything. Good luck.

OP
OP
D57

D57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 2015 JK
Thanks for the replies. Wish there was a picture out there…

I would normally go black, but I needed some wheels for my 37 upgrade and couldn’t pass up the buy 3 get one free deal at Quadratec for the hard rock wheel in gun metal gray. I was nervous I wouldn’t like them, but I actually do. It’s definitely a gray color scheme going on with the Jeep.

I have a rack and RTT that I would use normally for any extended trips, but the softopper would be cool for day trips and for everyday use I think. I live in the Ozarks, so plenty of trails here but have a trip to Arizona and Ouray planned in 2024.
Jeep Gladiator Softopper in gray with Sting Gray IMG_7057

OP
OP
D57

D57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 2015 JK
Ordered the gray with tinted rear panel for Black Friday sale, then called and changed it to black before it shipped. Too scared the shade of gray will be off. I know the black will work.

Sponsored

chr15m

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Grey just looks like faded black, not the grey of the Jeep.
Accurate. Someone I knew had the grey and for the longest time I was always wondering what he did to his black top to get it to looks so faded. It was grey, came that way.

Dunno, the tan tops just pop and the black looks great and is a safe choice.

Grey Softopper just not quite right.

KTMZach

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Engineer
Ordered the gray with tinted rear panel for Black Friday sale, then called and changed it to black before it shipped. Too scared the shade of gray will be off. I know the black will work.
If you dont mind sharing, how much was it on the black friday sale? I am about a month behind, wondering if I wait for the next sale or jut pull the trigger.

I missed the 10% off at xtrusion overland too, but I can still find 5% off so I only missed out on $65ish for the rack, but I want to get the softopper too. Looks like it is $989+tax+ $55 shipping.

OP
OP
D57

D57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 2015 JK
It was 10% off and a free cover for when it’s folded.

I went with black with the tinted rear panel. Looks good. I wish I would have went with black wheels but oh well.

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Color matching different materials rarely ever/almost never works. Black is definitely the right choice. IJS.
Sponsored